Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back on the forum after several years and could not remember my old user name.

Anyway, this week I found a Manurhin PPK/s at a the local shop.

The old girl needs some love. Took her apart cleaned her out, and what looked like 30+ years of dried oil came out. Barrel is is excellent condition. While the left side is in good condition, the right looks like it lay in a drawer for a lot of years and the bluing has been damaged. No rust, but as this will never be a collectible, I'm considering having the slide refinished.

The big question is, I don't understand the VTT-STERLING-VA roll mark on the right side, and the serial number, 26844XS seems later than anything I've seen on the board.

This quote from the P38 board, "Acc. to Dieter Marschall Manurhin made the PPK/S (chambered in .380) until 12/85 (=> SN 267721).." makes me think that maybe Manurhin persisted into 1986? Does that make sense?

Can someone comment on the roll mark or the serial number?

Here she is,

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Hi, there are several higher serials known. 12/85 is correct. Dieter corrected the serials also in the last edition of his book.

It's an importer marking on the slide. But the company is unknown to me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's an importer marking on the slide. But the company is unknown to me.
Late Manurhin pistols with this “WTT STERLING VA” importer mark have been discussed here before. But it does not appear anybody has been able to come up with further information as to the identity of the company behind it.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
I have to agree.....Wouldn't bother me one bit. I'd load and shoot. If I had to have a perfect example...I'd pony up the money and buy one. Wouldn't shoot any better and I'd have to worry about scratchin' it. 1917

·
Registered
421 Posts
Back in the late 80's and early 90's interarms had a manufacturing facility on the outskirts of Opal Virginia. Is it possible that this was where this pistol was assembled

1 - 7 of 7 Posts