1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to here.

Great info here.
Help, serial number charts are missing.

I just bought a interarms manurhin PP 7.65 like new in box , with 1 matching numbered mag. I am trying to find date of manufacture. #312xxx , no letter, and another number on frame under panel of #142xxx. can't determine proofs, the crown over flower,French .Has interarms manual ,and a german langauge "walter-manurhin" manual.

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a Ulm/Manurhin chart I found that states PP 7.65 with serial numbers 300301 through 474866 were made between 01/61 to 09/85. The chart I have saved is not documented to any one, so if I am stepping into someone's research, sorry in advance.

I know this is a wide span of numbers and dates but this is the only chart I can find. From your lower number probably 1961 or 1962. A couple of pictures of the entire pistol, both sides would help. Some of the experts here can pick up details you and I may miss. If you want to keep the serial number hidden use Photoshop on that area. We love to see Walther pistols.

Duncan

Edit. A quick search shows #358*** was a 1966 PP so that narrows your date range. Is there anything showing in the ejection port of your pistol?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
The Manurhin PP series don’t include stamped date codes or year numbers, and the production records report only broad ranges. So, extrapolation is all that you can do in the absence of other features such as a dated test target.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Ser. Nr. refers to 1961, perhaps 1962.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Btw., that little eagle stamp in your first photo means it was an Austrian police pistol. The shield is a standard French proof.

In contrast to the German police forces, the Austrians continued to buy Manurhin-branded pistols until the 1970s, rather than switch to Walther/Ulm finished guns.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. I have several books on proof marks, but the first mark I could not find, I thought it was German or Austrian.

Thanks again.
Really great sources on this site.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey Martin - do the Manurhin and Walther PPs share the same serial number ranges?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Manurhin preproduced the Walther PP, so yes, they share the same serial number range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts