Walther Forums banner

Manurhin PP 7.65

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  MGMike 
#1 ·
I've had my Manurhin PP for a few years and now just learning about it from this forum. Its an Interarms import, has the loaded chamber indicator, has the NdS Lower Saxony Police stamping, and is stamped LPN on the frame next to the S/N 298XX. It has a polished blue finish and quite nice. What does the LPN stand for? Bruce

#10 ·
Saemetric,welcome back , that cartoushe ,I have seen before it is either a maker's stamp or the insignia of the police force who issued it ,or the armory where it was produced .Thank you in an effort to answer my own ruminations I dug out my Manurhins ,a 18 th century sword bayonet from St. Etienne armoury and a German made hunting bowie knife from Solingen ,Germany on which a similar symbol appears a mailed fist gripping three arrows all of these marks are proprietary either individuals or institutions many bear similarities so since I could not clearly ascertain what the mailed fist was gripping I will play with my toys instead ,truly I do not visit them as often as I would like and as I already have them out ttfn .ayb p.s. for the uninitiated ttfn ,Ta ta for now .ayb

#13 ·
IIRC, 1954 was first year of production, it's a complete package, extra mags and grips, condition is amazing (so much so it's hard to believe the finish is original, cop guns almost always have a lot of holster wear). I think a regular Manurhin without the extras in reasonable condition is worth $350-500 today. So if the finish is original I would not be surprised to see it go for $700 or even $800. But a gunbroker price could...no would...be even higher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.