Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, sorry English is not my first language...

This magazine came with a Manurhin PP 32 ACP, probably manufactured around 1961.
It looks like any other regular magazine and it looks like it has never been used.
There is nothing written on it, no marks, no "Walther" no "Manurhin" stamped on it.

The question is: is there any Manurhin magazine that can not be disassembled?
(yes, I know how to disassembly it. It just looks that it is not possible to disasembly this one)
Its floor is 100% stuck, no parts (floor) move at all.
Pushing the "button" on the center is useless, it does not move att all, it looks glued to the magazine.
Trying to slide the floor out is useless too, it looks glued to the magazine too.

Attachments

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like the floorplate is either corroded on or just really tight. Or maybe someone did glue it together. Stranger things have happened.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I finally managed to disassembly it.
I have no ideia what happened.
The magazine looks new, never used.
The floor holder was 100% stuck between the tube and the floor.
How is it possible to slide the floor to its proper position with the floor holder partially out of the tube?
Who did this should have used a hammer.
Stranger things have happened.

Super Moderator
Like all mag floorplates, you need to wrestle it into position against spring pressure.
Something you might try; with the mag spring removed, see if the floorplate will fit into the mag body. If it won't, you'll need to fit it with a fine file.
Assuming a MecGar or OEM mag, this seems unlikely.
You simply have to wiggle it in to position, and slide the outer piece over it, while holding it down.
Moon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does fit.
First time I try to disassembly it.
It came this way from factory (or last owner?).
I have no idea how it is possible to assembled it this way.

Super Moderator
Did you get it back together? It does feel like a job for three hands. :)
Moon

Premium Member
The magazine looks new, never used.
The floor holder was 100% stuck between the tube and the floor.
It sounds like it was glued together with old dried out oil from when it was first assembled. Glad to hear you got it back together.

Registered
When reassembling a magazine, I depress the spring and put a rod through one of the holes to hold it there out of the way, which makes setting the floor plate simple. No fighting the spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts