Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Manurhin PP in 22LR from Simpson. Came with brown grips with thumb rest and and extended grip magazine. This one looks like it was imported by Simpson as their name is engraved inconspicuously around the mag well. Gonna take it to the range tomorrow. The serial number 175XXLR puts it somewhere around 58' or 59' (I guess). Rather nice condition with minor holster wear at the muzzle. There were no police or other organizational stamps, only St Etienne proofing so I am thinking it was stored in a holster.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
That's a beautiful piece, rog. Congratulations. I've been keeping an eye on Simpson's stock of late and spotted that gun as a real beauty. Glad you were able to get it. Keep us posted as to its performance.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Very nice PP!

I got my PPK/S from Simpson's also-enjoy exploring their
site as they always have really great stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the Simpson site has many nice items, gonna have to exersize some restraint as the transaction was almost too smooth. Went from browsing to gun in hand within 3 days. I will be poor very soon :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I should not have looked at this thread. I too notice their Walther/Manhurin .22's and I think they're really neat. Yours is gorgeous!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got some range time, I am very pleased. 1 3/8 at 10 yards and sights are dead on. This is in contrast to my Manurhin 32 that is off to the left. I used several types of ammo. SK/Wolff 1 FTF out of 50. CCI minimags could not get past 10 rounds and jammed. Remington 22 target fed nice but holy smoke it is dirty (felt like I was behind grinding wheel with hot junk flying at my face). Of all the American Eagle was the best, clean, no jams or FTF. I have never shot AE before and picked up a couple bricks at Sportsman 400 for $20.
Now if I could only find another mag :rolleyes:

Rogers

·
Registered
729 Posts
Glad to hear you found some ammo that works well. .22's have always been finicky with ammo. Walther style .22's even more so....

It's been so long since I shot my Walther PP Sport that I've forgotton which ammo it liked most. Maybe I must take it to the range again!

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The nice thing is that you have a PP Sport to try out again, mm6. It's been on my list of must-haves for some time now. I've spotted a couple of Manurhins that were in OK shape with very high price tags and therefore passed; the one Walther-marked gun I saw for sale during the past two years or more, a NIB gem, was priced at the equivalent of a year of study at Harvard. One of these days.

I picked up a British Contract Walther PP almost two years ago and shoot it quite often. I had a 'smith work on it for me because it wouldn't feed much of anything with any consistency when I first got it. He fiddled and fussed and polished and monkeyed and before long had the thing in good running order. It now pretty much shoots anything all the time, from the inexpensive bulk ammo (previously available at WallyWorld) to the higher-velocity rounds, without so much as a hitch. When I asked exactly what he had done, I got his usual reply -- "I tinkered a bit" -- but the real key was the work he did with the magazines. That gun is a lot of fun to shoot and has become a regular range companion; I use it to warm up before moving on to the higher calibers.

Because he reloads, I at least partially pay my gunsmith in spent brass, by the way. It's a good arrangement for the both of us. :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'll throw up a pic of my 1967 Walther PP Sport to share:

I traded an HK4 .380 with the .22 conversion in a presentation box that was serial number HR00005 and was a commemorative for the 100th Anniversary of Harrington & Richardson. Kind of a weird deal because it was a Heckler & Koch pistol commemorating H&R. H&R was the importer for H&K until they were big enough to import on their own.

I think I got the better end of the deal....

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
That's a beauty; thanks for sharing it. Can't speak to the HK/H&R piece you traded, but -- even sight unseen -- I'd much rather have a PP Sport in the safe ... or on the range. Those are rather sweet target pistols. Nice photo, too. :)

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
Welcome 318....this is a 2009 thread, searcher451 is long gone along with a lot of other good people. The recent format change is throwing up old threads. You aren't the only one not noticing...I've even been fooled a couple of times myself. 1917

1 - 14 of 14 Posts