Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading everything about Walther and finally purchased a PPK/S. The gun was perfect and in my haste I never noticed although it is marked PPK/S, .380/9mm Kurz, Manurhin, made in France and Alexandria, Va. on the other side. There is no reference to Walther or Interarms. I believe there was a short period when Walther and Manurhin had a dispute. I am guessing that Manurhin made the guns under Manurhin's name only with no reference to Walther. I have never seen one like this advertised. Were there a lot of them or are they rare. What years were they produced or better yet, when was mine made? Serial number 263035. Any info would be appreciated.
CMG

·
Registered
343 Posts
Probably made somewhere in the 85-87 time frame. I'm guessing that there were between 10-15k of these built. Someone may have better numbers, I'm just going by the serial numbers that I have been collecting. I'll add yours to my list.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I have a Manurhin PPK/S like the one like you describe....serial# 262107S. I agree with SteveM on the '85-'87 time frame.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I was wondering about that. My Manurhin PPK/s is 261567, but I never could figure out an approximate date. Any ideas oh wise ones? ;)

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
According to Dieter Marschall production ended in 12/85 with serial number 267721.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts