Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have stumbled upon a source in France that has spare parts for Manurhin MR 73 revolvers, even unissued service grips. I know that spares for the surplussed MR73 are hard to come by and thiis is a good opportunity to get that old gun revived. If anybody needs parts or grips, send me a PM for the contact info.

So far the vendor and I communicated in French and German but I asked him if he speaks English since that might help with communication:).

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Useful info for those folks who have an MR73.

I don't anymore. Traded mine away years ago to my endodontist for a root canal.

M

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
MR73 grips, Trausch rubber or wood OEM, are nearly impossible to get. Thanks, Andy!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Useful info for those folks who have an MR73.

I don't anymore. Traded mine away years ago to my endodontist for a root canal.

M
Sorry to hear about that double painful experience!

The grips are factory original new old-stock service grips. They are not cheap but that is the first reliable source I have found in the last years.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Not a bad gun; just unexceptional. The Manurhin carries a lot of overwrought mystique, but my prewar Colt and 1950s-60s S&W revolvers are every bit as good, and more serviceable.

M

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I have owned three, two were police surplus, and I have to agree with Mike that my vintage S&W are just as good, if not better. That said, YMMV

Reactions: Redcat94

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While I am owning way too many handguns, I am not a collector but an ardent shooter. My expectations of a Magnum calibre revolver are probably much different from the next guy. It isn't just quality of finish and refined design that I desire - and appreciate - I want a gun that is elegant and can still handle heavy .357 Magnum reloads that are at the power level of the cartridge back at the time when it was designed. A S&W N-frame is, imho, a bulky gun.

I appreciate fine quality and the Korths and Manurhin MR73 revolvers are more advanced designs than the S&W and are made with modern steel to a much higher quality standard. The registered Magnums are really beasts of beauty but their size was necessary to offset the lower steel quality of those days.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts

I appreciate fine quality and the Korths and Manurhin MR73 revolvers are more advanced designs than the S&W and are made with modern steel to a much higher quality standard. The registered Magnums are really beasts of beauty but their size was necessary to offset the lower steel quality of those days.
I see no particular evidence of "higher quality steel" but then, I've never seen the manufacturers' material specifications.

M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts