Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I recently found and bought a Manurhin PPK in .22lr. It’s beautiful and has a 102*** serial number. Does anyone know what year that would correspond to? Thanks. King

·
Registered
629 Posts
Post some pics if you can. Does the slide have a Walther/Ulm legend?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Paris, it's really a nice and beautiful gun. Maybe I even like the Manurhin PPK models more than the Ulm marked models because I definitively prefer Manurhin's one-piece grip to Walther's post-war two-piece design.

·
Registered
629 Posts
First year of issue was 1954. Here is amy example of another 1st year issue. I don't know how fast they were churned out but between 54 and 57 is a good guess as Balogh stated.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/805601475

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I don't know how fast they were churned out but between 54 and 57 is a good guess as Balogh stated.
After eight years of production, the serial numbers reached the 105000 mark. In 1965 they were at 107000 and in 1967 they reached 110000. We can notice that in the early years less than 1000 exemplars were manufactured annually. Towards the end of the Sixties more than 1000 exemplars were made each year. Based on this numbers, 1957 seems to be a reasonable value.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Watcher and Balough. That’s also a nice pistol on GB. Does it have the serial etched in by hand inside the slide? I also have a PP box not original to the gun, 2 French magazines and the original Manurhin manual but printed in German.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts