Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone. I’m totally new to any type of Internet forums, and have no idea how things work. Also am new to the P38. I recently was given a older P38 in good condition mostly. The dust cover flew off and is broken. Will the NEW style replacement work?
Also I’ve tried to find year of manufacture, can anyone help? Serial number is 8329. Looks like a CYQ, kinda double stamped. No Eagle anywhere. Just something stamped that is unidentifiable. As I’m 72 and internet illiterate. But will try to add photos. .
I’m grateful for any hetp I can get... Thanks a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I believe it is a Spreerwerk/Grottau P.38, Second Variation 1/1943-7/1943.

Some of the more knowledgeable posters will clarify further.

Do you have anymore pictures of this P.38?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes it is Spreewerk- interesting double-strike of the cyq code. With the 'w' suffix it should be around late November 44. The e/88 partially seen on the frame also confirms a Spreewerk frame. As Vandal asked- since there are so many variants, any more pictures?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for helping me identify manufacture date!!More photos here.
I’m also looking for original dust cover. And need firing pin, and loaded chamber indicator springs. Is there a supplier out there that may specialize in early p38 parts?? My dust cover broke while firing and flew off. I recovered all parts, but springs are tweaked. Thanks again to the kind help identifying this P38 for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts