Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drop the mag and rack the slide to clear the chamber, but the round doesn't clear the ejection port. It does indeed come out of the chamber, but it either falls down the mag well or I have to shake it out the ejection port.

How's this working for the rest of the FE owners?

·
Registered
256 Posts
On my PPS, after dropping the mag, when you rack the slide, the round pops right out of the ejection port like it should.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't have a pps but for most handguns if you don't work the slide briskly with the mag out, the round falls. Just tip the slide to the side and let it fall out or be sure to work the action firmly.

·
Registered
256 Posts
czydj,
Believe that must be it as soybomb says, your probably just working the slide back carefully and a little slower that is all, if you rack it quickly and briskly, you will likely see the round pop right out the ejection port.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me, I'm racking the slide aggressively. The guys at the shop could get it to do the same thing too...

Does any other current PPS owner experience the same thing?

·
Registered
87 Posts
If your weapon is ejecting properly when in use then you don't have a problem.
Slide velocity even when racked vigorously doesn't approach speed when a round is discharged.
I would be more concrned about the damage to the chambered round that you are ejecting. Each time you chamber a round you increase the setback and the pressure.
Jim

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your weapon is ejecting properly when in use then you don't have a problem.

Jim

Thanks, "if" is indeed the operative word. It is ejecting some rounds straight back over my head, with some hitting me in the ol' noggin. Again, I'm not trying to start a debate or debug my gear on the internet, I was just asking if any other PPS FE owner has experienced what I'm experiencing...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FWIW, I'm really not trying to dispute or minimize the good info folks have offered here. I'm just trying to get as many instances of "good behavior" for Walther before I decide if I'm sending it back to them for closer inspection.

If mine is the only one we know of that doesn't eject a round to clear the chamber, then I can pretty much be certain it needs a trip back to mama...

Again, tia for all your input...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeeeeeeeeeeha!!!

Return is NOT necessary...

I cleaned the daylights out of it and played around with it some more. It appears if you quickly rack the slide back, in a fast motion, the round gets hung up in the chute.

If you take your time and gently pull back completely on the slide, the cartridge is ejected properly. Go figure, it looks like I was trying to help the pistol and applied too much force. I am so doggone happy it doesn't have to leave my hands. This has been a very straight, very reliable shooter and I wasn't looking forward to anyone messing with it. I'll see if I get any more rounds back over my head, but those weren't really a show-stopper anyway...

Thanks for the input, folks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was just messing with mine and I could make it have an eject malfunction, or if I was really racking the slide then it was ejecting fine. I know the extra weight of the UNFIRED round has a real big impact on the ejection. Plus there is not much clearance between bullet tip and the front edge of the slide opening for the unfired round to come out of. Any small shifting of the heavy unfired round would make the tip of the bullet hit the slide a little and mess up the ejection. I haven't had any problems when actually firing the gun and ejection of the light brass casings...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Return is NOT necessary...

I cleaned the daylights out of it and played around with it some more. It appears if you quickly rack the slide back, in a fast motion, the round gets hung up in the chute.

If you take your time and gently pull back completely on the slide, the cartridge is ejected properly. Go figure, it looks like I was trying to help the pistol and applied too much force. I am so doggone happy it doesn't have to leave my hands. This has been a very straight, very reliable shooter and I wasn't looking forward to anyone messing with it. I'll see if I get any more rounds back over my head, but those weren't really a show-stopper anyway...

Thanks for the input, folks.

Remember ..... when a round is fired it is pushed backward in addition to the pull of the ejector.
Glad you sorted it out
Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts