Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a good deal

I was thinking of getting this PP....... is this a good deal for a Manhurin ??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Problem is that there is no deal as yet. The outside looks in a very good shape and even if some parts need replacing, it is an attractive pistol. Check on the web what these pistols fetch when the price is fixed, and put your maximum bid somewhere below.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The eagle stamp indicates an export to Austria. That country was a large user of Manurhin PPs and PPKs in the post-war for police and border. I have a 1954 PPK with the eagle and a Z followed by three digits numbers that indicates use by Zoll (border).

Bye.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Laurent.......
that's what I was looking for ........ which would explain the small Interarms rollmark on the frame then I think.... instead of the usual big Interms logo on the slide.....
I know a few things of the PP's but too much.....
and yes there could be a deal since it has a buy it now option on this item....

Thank you all for the replies.... and keep em coming if you wanna add some more

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I prefer the German-manufactured pistols purely from a personal point of view. I'm sure the French-made ones are fine, but something about a French-made anything annoys me to no end, but that's just me being me.

Don't know if you're aware of these or not:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalo....ol.html

I got a good one a while back. It's worth calling and paying a handpick charge to get one that's really nice. No box or anything though, if that's important to you.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't mind no box or papers.... as long it doesn't have that silly engraved C.A.I. Import marks on the frame....

Does yours have different import marks??

I am not going to get the Manhurin in the above link as there is no papers at all and for that price they should be included....
also I am still waiting on the PP.22.lr...

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohhhh and I do agreee with you on the "French made"

Just that it looked like a deal I didn't wanna pass....

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only reason I am biddding on this piece and not buying aim's is the C&R factor. I want a .32 pp but can not import into CA the current surplus models being sold. Only way is to buy a Manurhin model with is defined as a C&R. It is hard to pay 30% more than going price because only this make is allowed.
Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but are you aware that you did not meet the reserve price yet
?

I canged my mind..... on the above PP.... simply due to the PP.22lr I am getting.... and I am thinking of getting a H&KP7M8 before they are not available anymore.......
There is plenty of PP's left to buy later on in .32 or 9mmK

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would PM the guy and ask what reserve is on it

*edit
also not the grips... those are not the regular grips.. they look like thumbrest grips.... and I must say that Interarms stamp (rolmark) looks soo much better then those other engraved markings by other Importers of old police pistols

but thats just me...

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no no no.....
those are thumbrest grips.... that very vell could have come factory......

·
Registered
81 Posts
As a french speaking Swiss, "French Made" does not hurt me too much

And may I had that ALL Ulm marked and proofed Walthers till 1986 were made from parts manufactured by Manurhin in France. Some adjusting was made in Ulm as well as mounting, marking and proofing. The very same operations were conducted on the other side of the Rhin.

My 1954 Manurhin PPK is extremly well made and attractive and I have been told that during these years the French were avid to meet the german standard of quality and to prove to the people of Ulm that they were no lousy workers... Finally, I met very kind help at Manurhin when I searched on that gun. It counts too.

Bye.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The "french made" was not an issue of quality I assume but rather a point towards recent political issues with France.....

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Uncut hit the nail on the head. Purely political in nature.

Plus, as a Formula 1 fan, it pains me to no end that Renault dominated the manufacturer's championship last year, and so far have won the first three races of this year as well. Sigh.

At least Alonso is a good kid, and not French....

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you saying Schumi (Michael) no longer races..... or is Ferrari just sucken again???

·
Registered
34 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ April 20 2006,5:34)]The "french made" was not an issue of quality I assume but rather a point towards recent political issues with France.....
As where "made in the US of A" would cover both?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
And it was a happy day in my household, what with the Scuderia being without a win since 2004 - and I don't count the 2005 USGP win as legitimate - and I was unfortunately there in person for the Bridgestone tire practice!

Michelin tires did it to me there - another French product.

Don't get me started.

-Jeff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts