Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So this may sound like a dumb question, but I noticed that I can rack my slide back when my Manhurin PP LR has an empty magazine. But when I pull it back all the way so when I release it forward it does not move forward to battery. It only does when the magazine is loaded - not when there is an empty magazine in the gun.

So I have to load a magazine with ammo and place it in the gun, then pull the slide all the way back and release, then it goes into battery.

Is this correct or how the gun functions? Or is there something off?

Premium Member
Is this correct or how the gun functions?
That sounds correct. The slide should only go forward into battery on a loaded magazine or with no magazine in it at all.

Or if you have little fingers like me you can reach in through the ejection port and press down on the slide lock.

Premium Member
It's designed that way, so that when you have fired the last shot in the magazine, the slide remains open as a signal that the pistol is empty. The magazine follower pushes up the ejector to block the slide from closing.

To close the slide without reloading, either remove the magazine entirely, or unlatch it and drop it down slightly. Then pull back on the slide slightly to let the ejector drop out of the way. You can watch how this works by looking through the ejection port.

M

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds correct. The slide should only go forward into battery on a loaded magazine or with no magazine in it at all.

Or if you have little fingers like me you can reach in through the ejection port and press down on the slide lock.

Thank you! Just making sure that is how it is supposed to function.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
It's designed that way, so that when you have fired the last shot in the magazine, the slide remains open as a signal that the pistol is empty. The magazine follower pushes up the ejector to block the slide from closing.

To close the slide without reloading, either remove the magazine entirely, or unlatch it and drop it down slightly. Then pull back on the slide slightly to let the ejector drop out of the way. You can watch how this works by looking through the ejection port.

M

Thank you for taking the time to help!

Premium Member
@Nick805: Another detail might be of interest to you. The correct spelling of the manufacturer's company name is Manurhin.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
@Nick805: Another detail might be of interest to you. The correct spelling of the manufacturer's company name is Manurhin.

Lol, thats right! My spelling has gone to crap with speech to text and swype auto correct on my phone.
.. =(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts