Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what's an oldfart to do when he's out of things to do. Buy a bunch of M2 +2 mags and get busy modifying them puppies to work in an M1 or M2, with or without a magwell funnel.

Had to use a little JB Weld to fill the holes in the front of the +2 base plate, then use the ole air tool with carbide burr to do a little skulpting of the base plates....making them clear the funnel. Then a little sticky backed sand paper wrapped around a piece of pvc pipe to do a little blending. Still more finish work to do prior to painting.

Filled, clamped down and ready to start making chips fly.

Trusty air tool and redneck contouring tool.

A bunch, just waiting for their time under the C-clamp. The other 2 dohickies (lower right) are spacers to use on my modified Sig P226 mags so I can use em' in my Q's. The spacer works just like the spacer on a P99C....keeps the mag from smacking into the ejector. I moddied Sig 9mm 20 rounders and 40 S&W 15 rounders to work in the PPQ M1 or M2 or P99.

Some, after some skulping. This is a finished mag. You can see a light colored line, above and to the left of the redneck M1 latch hole. That line was made by the M2 button catch sliding up and down the mag body. You can see how close it comes to the M1 latch hole. The placement and size of the M1 hole is super critical...make the hole a little too big, wrapping around a little too much toward the side and the M2 button catch will hit it. That'll piss ya off.

Just some shavings/chips on the floor. They were all over me too.

I think that's all. At least for now.

Clicks right in. The Sig 20 rounders hang out a little farther.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Oh man oh man oh man!!!! Workshop time is fun. I am going to start a hobby project here soon, and I think I will make a point to take a few photos. Very cool, olfart.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sweet! So cool that you can use those mags in M1 and M2 pistols.

I'd like to do the same to my mags but I'm not confident enough in my metal working skills and PPQ mags aren't cheap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts