Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have in my possession a 7.56 Walther PPK that was liberated after WWII and transported home in original lubricant, waxed paper and box. This pistol has never been fired and has two magazines. It has markings that look like a eagle over a small circle around an x with a C mark next to it. The serial number is 327703 k. I am looking for some information on how to properly break the pistol down and clean it before I fire it.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Tanfo's video is excellent, but do NOT attempt to remove the barrel. It is neither designed nor intended to be dismantled except for replacement.

M

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
one comment I would like to add regarding your new pistol is be careful with removing and reinstalling the original grips. The bakelite material on the grips tend to become brittle with age. Many people will say don't fire it, why ruin a good collector gun? IMHO, if you have no intention of selling it, why not fire it and enjoy the pistol! I would have it looked over by a good competent gunsmith before firing it though. Also, you may possibly wish to install other grips and just set the original ones aside in the box.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Tim,
Your PPK sounds very nice.
It is 1941 production and the "Eagle/C" stamp is a police acceptance mark. This puts it into a higher value category.

The accompanying box and accessories will put it into an even high value category. The serial number must be stamped on the green tag at the lower left corner of the box. An "M" will be stamped next to that number on the green tag if a second magazine was originally supplied with the gun. In the absence of the "M", the second mag would be a later addition.

There really is no way to confirm that the gun is unfired. Only that it is unfired since it came into your possession and the perhaps the previous owner. All guns produced were proof fired at the factory prior to having proof (Eagle/Nitro) stamps applied to frame, slide and barrel.

In any case your gun as you describe it is worth around $3,000. Firing it, cracking the grips and generally putting wear on it will substantially reduce that value. It's yours so you will do as you wish. But if you are bent on firing a prewar/wartime PPK, you could sell it and use the funds received to buy four or five nice pre 1946 PPKs to replace it

Then go out and fire them all until your seas are dried up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts