Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I just ordered a 16 round Walther mag assuming I could load 16 rounds in it, but thats not the case. It will take 15 and thats it. Whats the deal with that? If Walther made a 16 round mag shouldn't it hold 16 rounds? I'm wondering if the 16 round S&W mags are like that? Anyone know? I like the styling of the 15 rounder I have, it reminds me of a Glock (count holes in the back). So if anyone wants to trade me a 15 rounder for a 16 rounder let me know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is the spring still really tight. some of those glock mags are really hard to load to full cap. They have a brake in period.

From what I heard, some shooters were having trouble loading a 16 round clip into the gun when the slide was in the forward position. This why P99's hold 15rds in new models.

Keep trying, my springfield has really light mag springs took a few days to get that last round in there.

HTH,
CHris Cahill

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you recently purchased your new magazines, I'd bet that they are 15 round magazines. Walther eliminated production of the 16 round mags about a year ago. I have never heard of their reasoning for doing this, but Walther does do mysterious things at times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts