Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal on a new PPS M2 for the magazines to kind of get caught up when inserted about halfway into the gun? I have a brand new pps m2 so it hasn't been broken in yet (maybe gets better with use?). I own a lot of handguns and have never had one do this before. If you insert the mags fast, you don't notice it (much) and they lock into place normally but when inserting mags slower, they feel like they are getting caught up about half way into the gun as I feel them get caught on something, then I push a little harder and they go in.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Sounds like you're noticing the magazine catch. Does that "hang up" go away if you push in the magazine release button as you insert the mag?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you're noticing the magazine catch. Does that "hang up" go away if you push in the magazine release button as you insert the mag?
Thanks for the replies. I'll try to do this on it tomorrow if I remember and reply with the results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
YES! The hang up goes away if I push in the magazine release button while inserting the mag... so it is the magazine catch. Is this common on the PPS m2? Is it a concern? I'm getting ready to ship the gun off for the recall work... maybe I should write walther a note in the box so they will take a look at it?

Thanks!

Mine "hangs up" when the top of the mag lip contacts the mag catch.
Some of my pistols do it and some don't.
Thanks, this is what it is, I've never had it happen on a pistol before so was a little concerned. Does this go away once I get some rounds downrange? This is a new gun that hasn't been shot.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Like it was said in this thread, some of my guns do it in varying degrees, some don't. Doesn't bother me. Either I'll insert the mag swiftly enough that it goes right past the catch, or I push the button in a little where applicable (I also have guns with trigger guard mag releases, and some with the heel catch).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like it was said in this thread, some of my guns do it in varying degrees, some don't. Doesn't bother me. Either I'll insert the mag swiftly enough that it goes right past the catch, or I push the button in a little where applicable (I also have guns with trigger guard mag releases, and some with the heel catch).
Thanks for the info! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts