Walther Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
my guess would be the current political shit and the surge of gun sales in 2020. #2 guess is mec-gar is slammed! handgun mags made in italy are good quality. last guess is the ppq is on the way out, so it just makes sense to buy a couple more spares.
i collect mags too, ive seen valmet, polytech, russian bakelite go for ~ $500... 1 mag!
Not trying to argue here but the original PPQ is no longer made and has quite an avid following and those mags are cheap and available.

Jus like everyone here, I hate what is going on. However I also feel that the dealers are taking advantage of us also. They are not paying 4 or 5 times the price of ammo, yet they raised the price 4 or 5 times the normal asking price. In some states price gouging is illegal on necessary items when there is a shortage. Not saying ammo is a necessity: BUT to each his own. As the saying goes,"Grin and bear it". But it sucks Big Time. Just my thoughts on this fiasco.

Not trying to argue here but the original PPQ is no longer made and has quite an avid following and those mags are cheap and available.

Jus like everyone here, I hate what is going on. However I also feel that the dealers are taking advantage of us also. They are not paying 4 or 5 times the price of ammo, yet they raised the price 4 or 5 times the normal asking price. In some states price gouging is illegal on necessary items when there is a shortage. Not saying ammo is a necessity: BUT to each his own. As the saying goes,"Grin and bear it". But it sucks Big Time. Just my thoughts on this fiasco.
yeah im am aware no more ppq :mad:! i got x2 p99's, x1 ppq m-1 and X10 mec-gar mags. i have ~200 mags for for varias weapons.

after the clinton and obama era i got pissed with all the politics BS! so i stocked piled. i have plenty of everything! no way in hell im paying for the "drop the soap" prices from these dealers and sellers on weapons, ammo, mags etc. i feel for the op and good 2A supporrting people gettig rapped... but its times like this when you see that people are just funny animals.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I just took the order up to the final creation step with no issue or lack of inventory message. I suggest you process an order or call direct.
Perhaps it was my mistake as when I checked to see after seeing the ridiculous price on Gunbroker I put in 5 as the quantity and only after realized they had 4 in stock. Having said that I was only testing the waters as you did. I was not about to order any mags as I have enough for my purposes. I have 6 mags for my PPQ. That is enough for me. However another issue may be that the mags that just sold on Gunbroker for $205 + $10 shipping for 2 were genuinne Walther mags not a 3rd party. I guess it is only the Walther mags that command such a premium and believe me you cannot find them. Again I was not looking for any but was curious after I saw the bids on Gunbroker because there were over 20 bids for these mags.

They supposedly have 4 mags in stock. however if you try and order them they are out of stocki.
I do not understand why in these times and the issues with everything firearm related that folks don't make more calls to verify inventory. I just called GunClips and had them physically verify the inventory. The guy checked and verified they have 4 Canik's on hand.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I do not understand why in these times and the issues with everything firearm related that folks don't make more calls to verify inventory. I just called GunClips and had them physically verify the inventory. The guy checked and verified they have 4 Canik's on hand.
So they are not Walther mags but rather Canik. Most or maybe just me would prefer original mags, but not at that $100/mag. I do have 6 and that is enough for me.

However when I tested the waters I actually ordered 5 and later noticed after reading the ad completely they only had 4 in stock. That is why the message came up about being out of stock. Quite honestly I would not be interested in Canik mags anyway. I do prefer OEM. I only glanced at it and it probably said they only had 4 as that is what is in there ad.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.