Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is crazy what scarcity can make some people do. I recently bought and sold some PPQ magazines on gunbroker. They were hard to find. I bought on average for $40 and sold for $80. I wanted to make some on the sale, but felt guilty trying to charge more. So about $30 profit (after fees and shipping and such). It basically paid for me to keep a few magazines for myself. Maybe I should have done auctions, but I listed for $80 buy it now with free shipping. I’d love to do more now, but I expect prices will stabilize. A lot of websites have $35-40 magazines in stock, and it looks like a lot in stock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out ebay. While they don'tsell firearms they do sell accessories. Not one 9mm magazine for the PPQ other than 10 round, lots of those. Checking around at other sites all I could find was one mag at 15 rounds and it was for the original PPQ (paddle mag release)..I did finid a PPQ m2 for sale with 10 magazines...the price was $1,700.

Having said all of that, why in the heck are they discontinuing such a popular gun?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ebay doesn't let you sell magazines with over 10 rounds. I found out because I had my ebay listing removed. I guess it is because they are based in California, where mags are limited to 10 rounds, and they can't facilitate the sale, even if its from a non restricted state to another non restricted state.

Some of the listings for 10 round magazines might actually be 15, but they can't state it. Have to check the part number.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Paying more than MSRP for PPQ M2/PDP mags is silly. Walther themselves get stock in pretty regularly.
Just recently they have been in stock regularly. Going back a couple weeks they were hard to find and stock was low when you did. Some people are happy to pay the premium.

I was really hoping for the $20 price point Botach had them at some time ago.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Having said all of that, why in the heck are they discontinuing such a popular gun?
Me thinks it might be because the PPQ and PDP would be direct competitors. Reminds me of when they came out with the PPQ M2.....they said they were going to discontinue the PPQ M1, however, there was just barely enough whining to make Walther keep the M1 in a somewhat limited production.

At this point, I don't think any amount of whining would encourage Walther to keep the PPQ in production, as the PDP is simply a new and improved PPQ, sharing many parts.

As for as looks, the PPQ slide is a beauty. The PDP slide includes enhancements/improvements that addressed an issue some had with the sleeker PPQ slide that made it a little difficult for weaker handed pistoleros to rack. The PDP slide has added meat/width up top and way more aggressive serrations making this slide more utilitarian and easier to grip and rack.

I think it may be time to list some of my modified Beretta 30 round mags on gunbroker. ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
P22, PPS, PPQ
24 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Things are really getting crazy. I go in a big ( and I mean big) LGS here and the shelves are bare and have stayed bare for months. One of the managers told me inventory comes in every day and goes out every day. A friend of mine owns a smaller gun and reloading store here. He got in enough Glocks to fill one shelf. A week later they were all gone. He cannot get primers. If Biden's gun control fails then things may settle down; but dont count on ti.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah i remember the last panic... and the one before that... and the one before that.
some of these bids are insane on gun joker.
buy em cheap, stack em deep!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i remember the last panic... and the one before that... and the one before that.
some of these bids are insane on gun joker.
buy em cheap, stack em deep!
Yea that sounds like a great plan. However where can you purchase them cheap? Second and more important is: WHY just PPQ mags so high? Check the prices of other mags and I don't believe you will find them that high. So again WHY PPQ mags so high?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea that sounds like a great plan. However where can you purchase them cheap? Second and more important is: WHY just PPQ mags so high? Check the prices of other mags and I don't believe you will find them that high. So again WHY PPQ mags so high?
my guess would be the current political shit and the surge of gun sales in 2020. #2 guess is mec-gar is slammed! handgun mags made in italy are good quality. last guess is the ppq is on the way out, so it just makes sense to buy a couple more spares.
i collect mags too, ive seen valmet, polytech, russian bakelite go for ~ $500... 1 mag!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts