Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When load the Magazine in Magazine Well, in the butt of the pistol, is normal a space between the base of the pistol and the Magazine, in some pistol  I not see this  space?

Indicate this space that magazine is loaded or unloaded?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M700Police,

For my P99 9mm, the gap is 01 milimeter,From the base to magazine to base of pistol, I see your pic and look similar.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same here.
All my Walther .40 mags have the gap. I have three ProMag magazines and they have a gap also, The gap is smaller with the ProMags, but still there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
dgallegos-How do you like the pro-mags? I noticed that they're about 1/2 price of the factory mags. You notice any (dis)-advantages to them? Any problems? Thanks.

DJ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Magazine is MegCar 16 round, an have 02 mm Gap is posible that other brand or capacity have diferent gap?

·
Registered
69 Posts
DJ E.,
The Pro-Mags do really well. No problems so far. Yeah, they are inexpensive compared to factory! I use them as range mags so I won't get upset when they get trashed from abuse!
Anyone else use Pro-Mags?

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's great! I just ordered 3 of them...I'll be sure to let everyone know my experience with them once I get some time in.

DJ

·
Registered
91 Posts
My experience with Pro-Mag has been poor. They don't trigger the slide stop when empty, they have feeding problems, etc.

The mag spring tension against the rail under the slide is what causes the gap. It's the same tension that makes the last 5mm tough when seating a loaded mag.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry to hear the heartburn over the Pro-Mags.
My P-99 is a .40 and the Pro-Mags seem to be doing okay so far. In fact, I wish I would have used a Pro-Mag when I was trying the "mag-slap chamber-a-round" trick that was discussed. (See my post and aftermath pic under "Bug or Feature")

I have to agree with P88, what's all the fuss?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I responded regarding your situation in the other thread (it's not your fault and covered under warranty). Let's hope the Assault Weapons Ban sunsets next year so they won't have to make these things so tight you can't possibly get an 11th round in the mag, putting the entire system under unnecessary stress.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The mag-slap trick can be done with the factory mags.. I do rapid fire exercises and use the mag-slap trick to simulate duress and situational rushing..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts