Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a mystery that needs solving. My father-in-law passed along this magazine to me. I assumed it was a PPK/PPS mag. It seems to have wear on the bottom of it, leading me to also believe it was for a heel mag release version?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
It's a wartime (Walther Zella-Mahlis) magazin made for the Walther PP. The only magazine type in 7,65mm made for bottom release I know was for the PDM contract (pre war).

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
Looks like a P-38 mag to me.
It does say cal 9m/m....but the witness holes are offset not in a line line most P-38 magazines I've seen...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a wartime (Walther Zella-Mahlis) magazin made for the Walther PP. The only magazine type in 7,65mm made for bottom release I know was for the PDM contract (pre war).
Thanks Martin. The Mag is stamped 9mm. I thought that meant .380?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Ups, my fault... Sorry!
Yes .380 (9mm kurz). The 9mm version of the PP was equipped with the bottem mag release.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, consensus is that this mag is for a pre-war PP in .380? I've been studying photos evereywhere and I can't find one that looks like this one with the "solid" follower. When the follower is installed you can't see any gaps. This is different form every other PP/PPK mag I have seen. The 7 witness holes also seems odd.
Thanks for everyone's help on this.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
So, consensus is that this mag is for a pre-war PP in .380? I've been studying photos evereywhere and I can't find one that looks like this one with the "solid" follower. When the follower is installed you can't see any gaps. This is different form every other PP/PPK mag I have seen. The 7 witness holes also seems odd.
Thanks for everyone's help on this.
It would be useful to show both sides of the magazine. If it has a hole for button-release engagement, the other side is where it would be.

M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would be useful to show both sides of the magazine. If it has a hole for button-release engagement, the other side is where it would be.

M
I'll take some more pictures tonight. They also turned out pretty dark. Maybe I'll try out a real camera instead of my phone... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
160 Posts
... I can't find one that looks like this one with the "solid" follower. When the follower is installed you can't see any gaps. This is different form every other PP/PPK mag I have seen
I've definitely seen other pre-war followers of that design in pictures, while looking for a pre-war 9mmK ppk magazine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts