Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About the finger extension for the 8-rd P99C magazines: Can you buy them separately, or do you have to buy an entire magazine?

If separately, anyone know where I can buy them?

Also, I read somewhere about a magazine sleeve/extension so that you can use full-size P99 magazines in the P99C, Anyone know where I can get those?

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
FWIW:

When I bought my P99c/AS several months ago I then ordered extra mags from CDNN.. Those mags came with the flat floorplate.

I called S&W Customer Service and asked about purchasing some mag extensions and the customer service person said, "hey, no problem I'll send ya a couple".. Free.

In a few days I got two of the extensions in the mail. They were marked S&W on the bottom rather than Walther, but they fit just fine and work just fine.

I'd heard how great S&W Customer Service is, and my dealing with these small items just reinforces what I'd heard. I doubt that they will send everyone free stuff, but I should think they would be willing to sell you some. I think I'd just ask for S&W extensions, and not confuse them.... Perhaps they don't have any Walther marked extensions, but might have the ones marked S&W.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Can someone post a picture of a P-99c with the Grip Extension on?

·
Registered
335 Posts

Yikes, how'd that old Colt DS get in there?

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Earl?s prices

good price for the extension, but why he wants for the 20 round clip 95 bucks????? I got mine from germany for 70 bucks shippied in 6 days.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think we are talking two different things - the pinky extension replaces the base floor plate of the stock magazine, and does not add capacity to the magazine. It just lets you rest your pinky finger more comfortably.

The magazine cover in eBay is to use the 15rd (9mm) magazines in the P99C (which are 10rd). The magazine (obviously) sticks out an inch or so, and the magazine cover is intended to prevent one from jamming the magazine to far and breaking the mechanism. It will also support the magazine and blend it with the grip to make it appear like it belonds.

Which begs the question - why does the P99C stock mags only hold 10 rounds? (9mm). Some of the other compacts in that size range (like the Beretta 9000 and Glock 19) hold more. Are there any stock size mags for the P99C that hold more than 10 rounds?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Grip Extension

That is the point!
I search at Earls the grip extension, I had no luck!
2 bucks for the bottom plate is ok, but not 10.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
IMHO it is all on how you look at it.....
Buy a P99c mag with pinkyextension from a regular vendor and you pay over $40.....
buy a P99c mag from CDNN and spend $10 on Earl's pinky you got a mag for about $30.....(well add shipping if you only buy one mag and you are at $40 too)
if you are lucky enough to get the pinky extension from S&W for $2 you hit the jackpot......
same with the grip extensions..... and 20 round mags....
S&W will not even sell the 20 round mags they have... they are for a "special contract" at least that is what I was told over 4 times by different S&W reps..... not sure if they even have the grip extension yet....
Then there is KIEI that is just as much as Earl's for the mag and even more on the Grip extension than having it shipped from Germany.....

So..... its all about whom you wanna give your money to.... and to be honest.... Earl's got my vote....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just purchased 2 10 rd S&W mags for my p99c from CDNN for 15ish each. I then called S&W and bought 3 pinky extensions for like 2.50 each, both arrived in a couple days.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got two of the magazine sleeves from this guy in Germany to use the 15rd P99 mags in the P99C. We'll see how that works out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts