Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Magtech 32 jhp's came in today, so I did some accuracy tests in my PPK/S.  It is a German 1968 PP mated with a new ppk slide and barrel.  They were very impressive as the target shows.  This was at 12 yards and shots were about 1 second apart.  The magtech are the same oal as full metal jacket rounds, so now I can alternate them in my mag without fear of rim lock.  The hp's are for max wounding and fmj's for penetration.  I know alot of people frown on .32's for self defense, but I think this kind of performance will buy ample escape time from the BG.  My goal isn't to stand over the body, it is to shoot and get away and call 911 later.

The recovered hollow points are from 6 unfortunate grape fuits lined up.  They didn't explode like a 9mm hp does to them, but a nice 1" diameter exit hole was left in each one before the round hit the back stop.

·
Registered
713 Posts
MagTech is good ammo I try and use the 380 for range ammo as I buy local for 8 bucks a box and I like better than Win.
I don't see reason for double loading you ammo the HP will do job or they won't. If they won't now you only have 1/2 a mag to do the job.I think I stay with all one type. Might be a feed problem also with the ammo switching. I had some Corbon 32 wasn't depenable in my 32 because was 2 long Was suppose to at time to use Silvertips. CorBon are hot! Might try them also

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No feeding problems after 100 rds of mixed magtech jhp and S&B fmj's. In the end it probably doesn't matter what you use in .32, shot placement is going to be the most important thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you guys found Silvertips to feed reliably in PP/PPK's?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have no trouble with Silvertips in my 380 PPK/S. BUT I think my pistol would feed rocks if I could load them in Mag. For a SD round I feel the ST is middle of the pack in 380 and 45auto I still have some around but their not carried any more.
Remember its still about shot placement and all HP does is make a little larger hole. Which increases your chance of serious damage by a tiny bit if shot wasn't perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts