Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to use the PPS in some IDPA matches for fun but am going to need more mags. Anyone know a good source with good pricing on PPS mags? The only place I am seeing them so far is gunbroker and they are pretty expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I think at this point there are non....
and I sure would make sure that the guy has these in stock before placing abid or buying ....
He had that listing up before the PPS even was available.... also he lists them in .40S&W, which again makes me wonder if he got them in stock

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've seen a couple of ads for the magazines on Gunbroker, and Earl's advertises them also. I have no idea if any of these guys have the magazines in stock yet.

I do know that the week this site started, Gunbroker did kick a dealer off their website who was advertising both calibers, but who did not have the guns in inventory. I know because I sent the "seller" an email and he replied that I should get on his waiting list for when the pistols arrived.
He was from someplace in GA.

I was happy to see they banned the guy. I thought of emailing them and complaining, but I didn't. Evidentally, some other folks complained.

·
Registered
12 Posts
email to Earl

I did drop a line to Earl recently asking about prices on pistols as well as mags....he did not have either in stock at the time and did not quote a price....once supplies start shipping from Germany i'm sure he will be a good source of mags....got some PPK mags from him recently...brand new factory mags...very pleased. Clarke

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I e-mailed the folks from waltheramerica and they said to contact the toll free Customer Service number for S&W. The folks there said that no part numbers exist for the mags yet so they can't order them. I sent that reponse back but haven't heard anything else yet.

Pat

·
Registered
529 Posts
I e-mailed the folks from waltheramerica and they said to contact the toll free Customer Service number for S&W. The folks there said that no part numbers exist for the mags yet so they can't order them. I sent that reponse back but haven't heard anything else yet.

Pat
S&W Customer Service told me the have no parts and no black PPSs and they are not sure when they will arrive. The containers haven't even left Antwerp or Hamburg or wherever they start their shipping from.
I appreciated the frankness. I have no problem waiting. I've got plenty of neat toys as it is.

Mr. Clarke. Good deal. I buy all my PPK mags from Earl. Brand new factory flat bases or your choice of brown or black post war finger extensions. I have a dural 22lr and instead of getting in bidding wars on Ebay and paying maybe $100-$150 for a used one I can get brand new 22lr mags from him. They are one of the more expensive mags he carries at $108.00 but considering the alternative I'd much rather do business with him. Mag defective? Send it back, if it is you'll get a replacement, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
springs and things......

Not really for this thread but........ as well as mags i also got some springs from Earl.... i have a lightweight PPK that was having feeding problems....i ordered and replaced the firing pin spring, extractor spring, hammer spring and the recoil spring (the old recoil spring was about 30% shorter than the new one !!!) now the pistol works flawlessly.....well impressed....would recommend it to anyone with a "older" german gun that is having problems. Mr Clarke.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Latest e-mail from S&W Customer Service:
"Our system shows that we have 500 on order. Please check back with us in
about two to three weeks to see if they have arrived."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts