Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my  P99  9MM about 6 months (bought new)and have fired about 300 rounds through it. The mag release has always been difficult to get the mag to release ever since I have owned it. Well today when I inserted a mag it would not catch, the mag just falls out. I have tried all four factory mags and none will stay in.Looking down in the magazine well the mag lever works ok but there does not appear to be a lip on the release level to hold the mag in. It does not appear to be broken......Anyone have an idea, or problem like that? I have considered on driving the pin out of the trigger guard that holds it in and looking at it, but I am a little hesitant on doing it yet..

·
Registered
187 Posts
1 year US Warranty.
Call Walrep, Smith & Wesson.
(I had a 6 day turnaround on my P22, and they paid the FedEx to Walrep)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I called S&W this morning, they are sending me a mailed to have it shipped in for repair. I am somewhat disappointed, I expected the Walther to be more trouble free..

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Your problem is a little strange. I've never heard of that happening before. I've heard of people having problems inserting a full magazine, because the magazine spring was too stiff.

I'm sure Walther will fix it right away and you shouldn't have any more problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts