Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

My NIB P99 didn't come with a mag loader... annoying, given that there's a hole in the foam for one. Cost-cutting measure? Dunno. Anyway.

So i've looked at buying one, but the cost is simply silly. $11 on ebay + $10 shipping, for example. Or ~$20 from anywhere else.

So on my last range trip, decided to trip my glock 19 mag loader. It's slightly too wide when placed over the mag, such that it wiggles a bit and requires you to steady your hand to be sure the tab is properly placed over the round. However, i'm betting i can cut a bit of plastic off a CD cover (or even thick canvas), glue 2 pieces to the inside edge and get rid of the gap. Plan to do just that over the weekend.

The good news on this? They're easy to find in stores, and about $5.

Or for online ordering, places like this:

http://www.topglock.com/catalog/mags.htm

Walther mags are a lot easier to fully load than Glock mags, but a loader makes it even faster. So if you're looking for an inexpensive loader, there's an idea for you. :)

thorn

·
Registered
36 Posts
magazine loaders

check out the butler creek UPLULA (universal pistol loader-unloader). the're pricey at about $30 shipped from several internet sources, but this single loader loads every single stack or staggered stacked mag from .380 to .45 (except glock 21) i've tried it on.

it "almost" makes loading mags fun...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
thorn
I don't think that the P99 ever came with a mag loader from the factory... and if so it is a new thing...... that Walther factory magloader might fit perfectly in that "empty" spot in the box but I never seen it factory issued

As to the UpLula - buy one and you are done :D
I never thought I would get a magloader since I didn't see the point of getting one for every mag I have ... well the $32 it cost me delivered to my door was well worth the money :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
thorn
I don't think that the P99 ever came with a mag loader from the factory... and if so it is a new thing...... that Walther factory magloader might fit perfectly in that "empty" spot in the box but I never seen it factory issued

As to the UpLula - buy one and you are done :D
I never thought I would get a magloader since I didn't see the point of getting one for every mag I have ... well the $32 it cost me delivered to my door was well worth the money :)
Big +1 for the Uplula, it's great.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another +1 for the UPLULA......fantastic loader and works on every pistol mag I have.

Well worth the price.....just like their rifle mag loaders

1 - 5 of 5 Posts