Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you guys use the PP(K) for CCW, what do you carry spare magazines in? I normally use a Belly Band for my PPK/S and it has mag holders on the opposite side of the holster part. I am wanting to get a nice little leather IWB rig from Galco for the gun, but now I don't know what to do with the spare magazine. What do you guys use for both gun and spare mags?

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I rubberband two mags together and stuff them in my pocket. They don't rattle and I don't add any bulk around my waist.

Dep
Wow, that sounds dangerous! You will get lint and other debris inside your mags causing posible failures. Also, how would you get the mags into play quickly if you needed them.

This is some dangerous advice to be throwing out over the Internet. You should really know better.:eek:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Wow, that sounds dangerous! You will get lint and other debris inside your mags causing posible failures. Also, how would you get the mags into play quickly if you needed them.

This is some dangerous advice to be throwing out over the Internet. You should really know better.:eek:
Really!!!

What the heck is so dangerous!!!

Are you asserting that a loaded magazine is likely to AD in Dep's pocket?

Are you assuming Dep's pockets are like the floor of a movie theatre!

I suspect if Dep suggested the sun will rise tomarrow, you would call his prediction "irresponsible"!

Ogie, if you want to disagree with someone, there are respectful ways to do it! You might try to work some common courtsey into your responses.

The forum is supposed to be fun and entertaining, let's pretend we are all sitting at a table within arms length of each other and behave accordingly.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Really!!!

What the heck is so dangerous!!!

Are you asserting that a loaded magazine is likely to AD in Dep's pocket?

Are you assuming Dep's pockets are like the floor of a movie theatre!

I suspect if Dep suggested the sun will rise tomarrow, you would call his prediction "irresponsible"!

Ogie, if you want to disagree with someone, there are respectful ways to do it! You might try to work some common courtsey into your responses.

The forum is supposed to be fun and entertaining, let's pretend we are all sitting at a table within arms length of each other and behave accordingly.

Excuse me? You think it is responsible to suggest that extra magazines be rubber banded together and placed in your pocket? Do you seriously suggest that mag carriers should be thrown away and that you should just use your pockets instead?

You have a lot of nerve telling me that I should work some common courtesy into my responses. You might want to relay that information to your buddy who has frequently been insulting and condescending.

This forum is also informational. When you give bad information on this forum there are some who do not recognize it as such. That is dangerous. So I am calling BS. Don't carry extra mags in your pockets because the lint and debris that is in EVERYONE'S pockets can cause your magazines to malfunction. Is that an alien concept to you?

By the way, aren't you the one that didn't know the first rule of gun safety?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
153: Here's what you do. Go into your User CP and in the left hand column at the botton you will see "Buddy / Ignore Lists". All ya gotta do is add whoever you want to the ignore list, and POOF...all his posts DISAPPEAR. Now I ain't gonna suggest WHO you should add to which list, but I think you can figger that out. ;)
It sure makes the forum much more enjoyable. :D

Parabellus: Nope...we ain't gonna "go again" any more. :)

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
More buttons to work and switches to flip? I'll look into it, right now I am still trying to get my picture posting down to less than a half an hour per picture! :D

As for the original subject at hand, I never bothered to carry spare mags, or revolver ammo. I once tried carrying those old HKS speedloaders, but they are pretty bulky. Nowdays with the double digit number of rounds in the magazine of a good 9 m/m, I figure that I'm pretty well heeled - when necessary.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
More buttons to work and switches to flip? I'll look into it, right now I am still trying to get my picture posting down to less than a half an hour per picture! :D

As for the original subject at hand, I never bothered to carry spare mags, or revolver ammo. I once tried carrying those old HKS speedloaders, but they are pretty bulky. Nowdays with the double digit number of rounds in the magazine of a good 9 m/m, I figure that I'm pretty well heeled - when necessary.
If you disagree with anything I said, please say so with an opinion or facts to back you up. My comments about not carrying extra mags in your pockets are valid. You have no responsible counter argument about that issue. You just don't want me to disagree with your favorite buddy. If this is a good ole boy's club where two or three guys sit around and agree with everything their buds say while insulting other people's opinions, or even ignoring them, that would be a shame. I hope that isn't the case here.

The double digit number of rounds in your pistol will not do you much good if your magazine fails. That is a good reason to carry at least one extra mag. When you do decide to carry an exta mag, don't carry it in your poicket. That would be a foolish thing to do.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Gents.....
can't we just all get along.........
FWIW.... I know a few people that carry mags in their pockets.... and I know of a few people that carry a gun in the pocket as well ...
*edit to add..... if you carry in your pocket you better check the function of your mag and gun every day... that was a formal disclaimer to pocket carry

We all know that the Internet can be a good source of information and also a welth of mad/bad information.
So any responisble adult and gunowner should find out what works best for them and their situation.....
I strongly suggest that we all find our manners and get along and agree to disagree with repsect

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Now can we get back to the original subject ..... the pocket carry has already been mentioned.....

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

Agreed the HKS speedloaders are awful bulky. Hey!!! Didn't Dirty Harry carry speedloaders in his pocket (not HKS BTW)? Shame on him!!! ROFLMAO :D

I agree the hi-cap 9s have reduced the need for extra mags. Unless you live in certain big cities where you are facing a whole army of bad guys at one time. Then those 15 shots can disappear pretty quickly. Might be a good idea to keep a couple of extra mags stored in the glove compartment or console if you live in those stinkhole cities ;)

For a pocket pistol like the Walthers, extra mags are probably a good idea. The calibers are pretty enemic as far as killing power. And the mag capacity is pretty low for a gun vs gun encounter. I'd hate to go up against 153 and his 9MM 15 shot cannon with just 7-8 shots and that's it. :)

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well this seems to have gone down the hole:rolleyes: Well, I have found some mag holders online, but they all seem to be pretty expensive for what I want. I might just make a trip down to the local craft store and make a leather one myself. I do have a strong thin metal clip from an old cell phone holder I could use. We'll just see. I am still open to your thoughts.:eek:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Old "Dirty Harry" was following Bill Jordan's advice and packing his spare ammo in the pocket of his coat. The idea being that the extra weight helps keeps the coat front out of the way when you flip it back when drawing your weapon.

In my area of the world the local police in plainclothes wear belt holsters, mostly of the "pancake" style, with an additional leather mag pouch. They simply attach their badge to the same side and walk all over the place sans jacket!

No one seems to notice much.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I usually carry the PPK as a backup in a shoulder holster with a spare in a mag holder taken from a Makarov shoulder holster in my weak side pocket. That is behind a Steyr M9 with 2 spare 9mm mags on the belt on the weak side be.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Well this seems to have gone down the hole:rolleyes: Well, I have found some mag holders online, but they all seem to be pretty expensive for what I want. I might just make a trip down to the local craft store and make a leather one myself. I do have a strong thin metal clip from an old cell phone holder I could use. We'll just see. I am still open to your thoughts.:eek:
I think a quality mag holder is one of the least expensive problems you would have if you could not quickly access your mag/mags. Don't be "penny wise and pound foolish."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts