Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I bought a Walther PPK 30 years ago and I just pulled it out of my safe. I have no info on the pistol and I have searched your site and have not found a definite answer.
Original box says Walther Mod. PPK with a Walther banner.
Sticker on upper right corner of box says Walther PPK 9MM and serial number
The box contains the pistol, 2 magazines. 1 with a finger hold, Brass cleaning rod, Target written in German, Owners manual, And original plastic for pistol and magazine
The pistol is polished blue with brown grips. Grips have Walther banner
Serial number 1200XX A
Slide is marked with;
Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do
Modell PPK-Cal. 9mm kurz
German Eagle over an N on slide
Pistol has Made in West Germany on left side of frame behind trigger guard
Right side of slide has matching serial number to serial number on right side of frame behind trigger guard.
Serial number on frame has eagle over N next to the A
Barrel has eagle over N inside ejection port area
Barrel also has 67 in front of Eagle over N and another proof mark
The other proof mark on barrel in front of 67 looks like a sword with 3 rising teeth and a slight loop on the bottom of sword.
End of grip has a lanyard loop behind magazine port
There are no other markings I can find.
I was told the pistol was imported prior to the 1968 gun control act.
What year was this pistol made? Any other relevant information would be great
Thank you

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
As indicated by the 67 the pistol was made in 1967. You said you didn't find a definite answer, but besides the year made, I didn't see any questions ;)

Any other info is written in plain text on the gun itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a German made gun?
Does having to box and everything increase the value?

Is this a collectible? Trying to decide to keep it or sell it. I have only shot the gun once. I’m not a big fan of 9mm kurz (.380) for stopping power

·
Registered
629 Posts
Having the box and everything else will increase the value to a collector. Condition will be the ultimate deciding factor. Post some pics and a reasonable value can be assessed based on the current trend and previous months auctions.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
It is a desirable Ulm, Germany pistol. The PPK is the smallest of the PP series which come in .22 lr, 32 ACP and 9mm/k which is the same as .380 ACP. PPKs are generally priced a bit higher than PP pistols. Yes an original box, with cleaning rod, paperwork, etc. add somewhat to the package. Many people are put off by the recoil of the .380 cartridge in these blowback pistols. The .32 version is much softer shooting and of course a .22 is a .22. The Eagle/N is the proof mark.

Take your time and look around at Walther pistols. There are plenty of threads on them here of course. You will have no trouble selling it when and if you decide to sell. Some folks still carry these although there are lighter polymer 9mm pistols that are essentially the same size. Not much has the same elegant old school looks though. Bond....James Bond. Yes, the 1968 gun control act excluded the PPK from being imported...too short, too light, too small. It was essentially replaced by the PPK/S pistol which bears a good deal of resemblance.

Presently, Walther/Umarex has a manufacturing plant in Ft Smith, Arkansas where they can once again produce the PPK. However, they put a Smith and Wesson large beavertail on it that while functional kinda ruins the looks for a lot of people. You are holding the style everyone loves. I'd just love it more in .32 or .22. Look around, no rush on doing anything in a hurry and if you decide to sell you might give the guys and girls here first shot by listing it in the sale section further down the page. Oh yeah, these don't necessarily like modern, flat nose defensive hollowpoint ammo. Full Metal jacket with a rounded nose is what they were designed for. All the stuff we have today didn't exist 60 years ago. The sword is a deer antler which is the mark of the Ulm proof house. 1917

·
Registered
104 Posts
FWIW last year I bought a 1966 PPK with original finger mag, missing the non-finger mag, with several extra Mec-gar and Walther-marked Mags, box and holster for $1500, which seemed to be a fair price. I think the extra mags and holster offset the missing target and cleaning rod, so I would expect $1500-2000 for yours? But I’m no expert—just a guy who bought a gun and wasn’t publicly laughed at afterwards. :giggle:

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Is it a German made gun?
Does having to box and everything increase the value?
Is this a collectible?
  • The gun was rollmarked, blued, fitted, finished and proofed in Germany. (Most) Parts were preproduced by Manurhin in France.
  • I'm missing the small tool to remove firing pin and chamber indicator, so called 'olive fork'. ;).
  • It's an official imported gun, you know, it was forbidden to import these guns after 1968. For more please show some pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may be wrong but this looks like a line with a flashy lure.
I may be wrong but this looks like a line with a flashy lure.
A lure for what?
I bought a gun 30 years ago because I thought it was cool. Never used it and now looking for info on it, which I received due to well versed people here. Sorry if your feelings are hurt

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mr. "cicles13" and the photos?
A cordial greeting to all the forum members who participated in this thread.
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having the box and everything else will increase the value to a collector. Condition will be the ultimate deciding factor. Post some pics and a reasonable value can be assessed based on the current trend and previous months auctions.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts