Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and I have had my Walther PP since 1993. I am trying to find out some more info about the weapon. It has a symbol with 6 diagonal lines coming from that symbol what appears to be a V then 1B with what appears to be an airplane just left of a crown marking on the frame above the trigger. The serial number is matching 69875A. I would appreciate any help from the experts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
IB means it was made in 1981. And the entire sequence is just the normal proofmark:
Federal eagle over N (= we test fired it according to German standards), IB (=we did that in 1981), antler (= at the Ulm proof facility in the basement of the Walther factory).

Here's a clearer picture of it:

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
You have an Ulm made Walther PP in 9mmK (380) The "star" is the Interarms import marking very large and nice. The "airplane" is actually part of the Ulm staghorn proofmark The eagle over N is the nitro proof mark and the letters beside the proofmark are the date code. A=0, B=1 C=1 and so on...

I couldn't make out the letters on your PP but if it is I F that is I think 1985.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If that is the case what do you think the approximate value is? I can use your estimate to let my wife know that guns almost always increase in value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts