Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum.
Got my P99 9mm about 4 months ago. Awesome pistol!
I want to get a Tac light for it. Will the rail on the P99 accept an M3 Tac Light? I'm not looking to spend alot.
Any other recommendations for Tac lights on the P99? Best place to get one?

thanks,

Scott---

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome

Unfortunately, the Insight lights will not fit on the P99's integral rail. There was a rumor a few months ago of an adapter being in the works, but nothing so far. There are a couple of options available the best of which is the Laser Devices unit, in my opinion. Pictures can be seen at the following website although I do not recommend purchasing from them.

http://www.carlwalther.com/p99acc.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a little more searching, I see that the M5 light is made for the SW99. It's also a little more expensive.
Any other options?

Thanks,
Scott---

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The only tactical flashlight that fits the Walther P99 family is the Laser Devices one. I think they are great, albeit not as compact as the M3 or HK UTL.

I still have one available for sale. See my website:

Walther Tactical Light

James

·
Registered
25 Posts
FWIW, I wrote to Surefire about lights that attach to the P99 a couple of months ago. I don't know anything about their X200 model yet but here is there reply. I hope it is ok to include Surefire's contact info here:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Dear Sir,

You are in luck. We will be releasing the new X200 LED handgun light in late December. This light will fit to the existing rails of your Walther P99. Hang tight it's almost here. Thank you for supporting Surefire. If you have any further questions or comments do not hesitate to write, email, or call us. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.

Joe Sepulveda
Technical Support
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
714-545-9444
800-828-8809
SureFire, LLC
17680 Newhope Suite B
Fountain Valley, CA 92708

·
Registered
178 Posts
Awesome! Thats great news. For those who do not know, the Surefire X200 is a 3w Luxeon LED powered weaponlight that is supposed to put out about 60 lumens of light for about 60 minutes. Should look like this:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know of one Surefire dealer doing pre-orders for the Glock rail version right now for $155.75

I can't see the Walther version being much, if any, more expensive.

I'll be buying one for sure.

·
Registered
263 Posts
M700,
At that price, I will too! If it isn't too much trouble, do you think I could get the website or contact info for that dealer you mentioned?

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Another option is to go to www.firequest.com
This is a catalog of funky gun stuff and wierd survivalist stuff. Some of the items are worth the money, but a lot of it is crap. They do have a wide selection of hi-cap rifle mags, and speciality ammo.

Their new items are laser and light systems for popular handguns, the S&W 99 included. (This again goes to ASSUME that tac lights for the S&W 99 will fit the Walther)
The price for the laser, item #LT299 is $119.00. The light goes for $79.99, item #LT466.
I tried to download a pic, but it didn't work.

My personal preference is the Streamlight lights. They are simple to use and very dependable. I have a M-3 attached to my AR-15, but unfortunately only the M-5 will work on the 99's. They are pricey, but worth it.

Still considering the M-5 for work. Hmmm...

·
Registered
411 Posts
The S&W SW99 and the Walther P99 do NOT have the same accessory rail.
The Walther rail is proprietary, the S&W rail is a standard Glock style rail.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone have the tac light from Applied Laser?

Not too bulky or bad looking.

Personally, I'll definitely wait for the Surefire light. My experience with them is that their quality is superior to the others. I still wouldn't hesitate to get a Streamlight though...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Uh oh...I just got off the phone with the Surefire technical department. They told me they haven't been able to confirm if the new x200 will fit on the P99. I asked them when they will know and they said early Jan.

How long does it take to try and bolt on a weaponlight to the weapon?

Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, just got off the phone with Surefire and they said that they tried the X200 on the SW99 rail, and it would NOT lock. I then told him, very gently, that the P99 and SW99 rails are different. He then proceeded to correct me and say that both of the frames are made by Walther in Germany, thus both having the same rails. Whatever...

Anyone try one out on their P99 yet?

·
Registered
76 Posts
You should have told'em he was an idiot and that the rails are in fact different and give him the URL's to both guns so he can do a side by side comparison.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts