Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own multiple PPQ's, but I want to build a dedicated bed stand gun with Red Dot and suppressor. I won't carry it. I also don't plan on worrying about iron sights since I am buying top notch red dot and I shoot existing PPQ's pretty instinctively.
Planning on Walther Q4 Tac M2 9mm
Trijicon SRO
Suppressor Diameter: 1.375″ and centered.

So two questions arise.
How do I ensure the SRO dot is above the top of the can, so I can aim with it? I've not seen any plates that appear to increase the SRO height. As those who've shot with a typical 1.375 can know, the sights are just about even with the top of the can, so you are using the length of the can as sights. If I do that with this rig, why bother with a dot then?

I've read everything I can find on dot size. Most is focused on competition. My need is obviously low light DGU, probably half-awake.
I believe 5-7 mil is best for this use, but like flexibility to mount this optic on a rifle or other gun (SBR?) if my needs change, so thinking 2.5-3.5 might work. Does this make sense? Yeah I know they are quite different applications, but the $ight cost makes me want to maximize flexibility.

Of the two the SRO height over the can is the one I really can't figure out.
Kindly share your thoughts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don’t think it will be a problem, see attached picture. Mine is 5 mro, I think it is the most versatile dot size for home defense and other applications.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Get an Osprey suppressor and you won't have an issue with height.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts