Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping the PPS is like my PPQ's in that I can swap the slides between M2's and M1's. Since I wanted a Q5 with a paddle it was my only option and works great. Now that they came out with a PPS with an optic I'm wondering the same thing. Can I buy a M2 PPS w/optic and swap it onto my PPS M1 lower? I did a search and did not come up with anything. Thanks for any info.

Patrick

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Yes, it will fit and operate normally, according to some people here who've done it.

As for the reliability concerns, can't say. I wouldn't feel safe using it as a defensive pistol unless several thousand-some-odd rounds had been ran through it with ZERO issues.

Oddly enough, I prefer the style and design/appearance of the Classic PPS.

They (Walther, rather, YouMuhWrecks) took everything that was great about the PPS (rail, decock ability, removable 'strap) and ****-canned them, then made it look like a damned PPQ.

Enough, already, give us an original design on a modern defense pistol that has a standard trigger from top to bottom of the mag. I'd like a decock ability to use it as a nightstand gun without having to unload the chamber all the time, too.

Lastly, every gun need not look like the Q. What is this, Star Guns, Episode X, The Clone Guns?

Jesus christ already. Bring back the P99c with a PPQ trigger and a decocker. Perfect carry tool.

Factory tritium night sights and 3 mags to go with it. Name the price.

Keep the button, make mine paddles. (ought to go w/o saying since I said P99, but yanno, sometimes you gotta draw a picture in bright orange crayon for some folks..)

Since the above won't be happening, I got my eye on a VP9sk.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I played around one night with my PPS M1 in 40sw and my PPS M2 in 9mm. Swapped slides, barrels, recoil springs, etc and everything cycled.
I don’t have the balls to fire it in that mixed up configuration especially with the 40sw round and it wouldn’t work anyway because of the magazine issue.

I prefer m1 paddle release as well.

The slides on the M1 and M2 are damn near identical, it will probably work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone, just wish Walther would cater to the paddle release crowd. I love my Q5 with the optic and paddle mag release when I did that swap of parts, talk about a great ambi gun it doesn't get any better then that. Just looking for the easy way to run an optic with my pps m1 lower, so I retain my paddles. My eyes are getting old and the optics have made long range pistol shooting so much easier for me, but I don't want to change my manual of arms with all my pistols being paddle mag releases.

Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
55 Posts
I played around one night with my PPS M1 in 40sw and my PPS M2 in 9mm. Swapped slides, barrels, recoil springs, etc and everything cycled.
That's interesting.
I have the same gear (.40 Classic and 9mm M2) and it's never occurred to me to try to swap the slides between these two, altho I've done it before w various PPQs and XDMs.. they were the same calibers.

BTW, I like my .40 Classic so much that it's my EDC... the M2 sits in the safe, poor little guy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's interesting.
I have the same gear (.40 Classic and 9mm M2) and it's never occurred to me to try to swap the slides between these two, altho I've done it before w various PPQs and XDMs.. they were the same calibers.

BTW, I like my .40 Classic so much that it's my EDC... the M2 sits in the safe, poor little guy.
Yeah I decided to play LEGO’s with them the one night. Which all started with swapping slides and guts from my Canik SFX elite with my PPQ 5”.
Strange stuff.;)

I prefer my PPS M1 .40sw over my M2 9mm as well. I’m just waiting patiently for my holster to come in. We must sit at the odd ball table because nobody likes shooting 40sw anymore, let alone out of a subcompact.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.