Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input for new sights on my M1 full size 40. Put night sights on it when I first bought it a month after they were released, and have since found myself really wanting to get into more competitive shooting. Y'all's input would be much appreciated. Also looking at getting a Q5 馃榿

Registered
First off, no need to call a PPQ Classic (or M1) a full size as anyone in the know already knows it's duty sized ;)

Secondly, if you're considering the Q5, I'd just leave the .40 Q as-is and start deciding what optic you're going to run...

Welcome!

Premium Member
Check out Dawson Precision's sights. They make some excellent competition-worthy sights for the PPQ.

Registered
The stock fiber optic front sight from the Q5 fits on the PPQ M1 and M2. I use it on my PPQ M2 with a Dawson Precision all black rear sight. The front site from Walther is only around $10 too, so a good deal. It's been working well for me the past few years. Several 1st place checks from the Win with Walther program, including a 1st place at the IDPA World Championship!

Registered
Depends on what discipline you plan to compete. They often set specific rules regarding sights. Based on the competition you will want to basically choose color and rear notch width. I use mine in Service Pistol which generally requires sights to be configured "as issued". Since it is a bullseye match, I replaced mine with a Trijicon fiber set that matches the style and function of the original but with an all black rear. Dawson sights are nice because they offer wide choice of notch widths and front sight widths and heights. If adjustable sights are allowed, LPA offers a set for the PPQ dovetail almost identical the the Q5 set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts