Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank you for showing this- I ordered a set to see if I like them. There isn't much of a selection of aftermarket sights for the P22. Does anyone know who makes the trigger in that picture?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for showing this- I ordered a set to see if I like them. There isn't much of a selection of aftermarket sights for the P22. Does anyone know who makes the trigger in that picture?
Please let us know how they fit and work.

I noticed the trigger. It looks it mite be machined. What I would like as a replacement trigger is one with a long straight flat face that extends the trigger finger forward about 3/8”-5/16”. This would really help to keep the index finger more square to the trigger in single action. A friend of mine has a couple of 3D printers that I’ve been planning on designing an trigger like I described. Need also to order a spool of the carbon fiber impregnated filament which should make the trigger strong enough to handle the long weight stacking double action trigger pull.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have both the extended safety selectors and the barrel thread adapter and thread protector from them.
I got them on eBay from them earlier this year. The extended safety is really nice for my fat fingers.
I really like the thread protector as its not the straight boxy looking one that everyone has (from a side view).
It has a nice taper towards the front.
I also go one for my PPKs 22 with the stainless threads.
Very pleased with these purchases.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun
Automotive lighting Camera accessory Audio equipment Automotive tire Cameras & optics
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
I installed the sights a few weeks ago and I'm sorry for taking so long to post about it. The Lugus sights are definitely higher than my suppressor, and the sight picture is clear. I was shooting CCI subsonics out of my P22 with a 5" barrel, at a target 30 yards away that consisted of a cardboard frozen pizza backer. The weather was clear and in the 40's, with calm winds.

I had a little bit of trouble installing the sights, because the front sight is not accessible from underneath to screw in the supplied set screw to keep it secured. I did, how ever, have to use my bench vice to press the front sight in, hopefully giving it a press-fit so I don't have to worry about it falling out. The factory rear sight was very hesitant to come out, and was damaged in the process.

I did a little digging through my reference material, and online, but couldn't get any information on how to remove the rear sight any better than how I did it. I did read an old thread somewhere stating that the sights were really not designed to be replaced. I believe that now. Anyway, the Lugus rear sight went right on and in place without a problem.

My first impressions were kind of mixed. The sights were most definitely higher than my suppressor, and provided a clear sight picture. My problem is that the front sight is unusually wide, and to make up for it, the rear sights are really thin. The rear sights are so thin, they leave more space between them and the front sight than I'm used to.

This didn't cause any problems, as my horizontal grouping was pretty good. What did cause problems was the angled sides of the rear sights caused me to wander with my vertical hold. This combined with a tendency to hit low with this pistol and ammunition combo, cause a bit of vertical stringing on the target.

I was, however, able to keep all rounds hitting within the confines of the target. I'm sure all I really need is a few hundred more rounds practice with these sights to get comfortable with them. I only shot fifty rounds, as I was also shooting other pistols (and trying to fix other pistols) that evening.

All in all, I really do like the look of the sights, and I'm sure I'll get better with them once I get used to their uniqueness. They are nice and solid, as I don't feel any movement in them once they were attached. I'm glad I found this thread, because I don't shoot my 5" P22 with a suppressor that often, and now that I have the Lugus sights I have a reason to.

Wood Gas Idiophone Circle Drumhead

Musical instrument Membranophone Wood Hat Drum

Sorry for the messy pictures, they were taken in a hurry because of the diminishing light. The aluminum tailgate of my Jeep is not the ideal background, but I wanted some reference of what I accomplished that weekend for my buddies at work; water cooler talk and all.

Edited to add:
I just noticed that the trigger we were discussing earlier in the thread is now available from Lugus Mfg, and is all aluminum. They also added a turned stainless steel barrel sleeve. I'm interested in both of these products... Let's see if Santa will drop off anything this month!

I am glad to see a manufacturer like Lugus making products for the P22, since there doesn't seem to be too much aftermarket support like there used to be when the P22 was the only pistol of this type available. It would also be nice to see an aluminum slide... Hey, I can always daydream, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts