Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really lucked out the other day at my second favorite local gun store. Someone in need of money sold them a very lightly used P226 Dark Elite. So lightly used the gun store had it marked COND: LNIB. Came with everything, including even the standard SIG-included tube of TW25B.

Because I'm a regular, they gave it to me for $200 off asking – $650 before sales tax. It dates to October, 2012, and comes with the SRT and adjustable SIG Night Sights.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After removing the foam insert, I discovered the original sales receipt. It was purchased at a store in Columbus, Georgia in 2015. I then looked up the first owner, and he's a former Ranger who now lives in El Paso. Don't know if the guy is stationed at Fort Bliss, or even still in the Army, though.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I absolutely LOVE the SIG P22(x) line. Currently have six: M11-A1, P220 Compact SAS Gen 2, P220 Equinox (a real beauty), this latest P226 Dark Elite, P226 Legion, and a P229 Enhanced Elite.

Except for the M11-A1, their huge size makes them pretty much impractical for anything beyond the range, but they are really fun.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
My Sigs became a "collection" having just added a 226 Navy to the 229 and P6. The 226 has yet to be shot since it left the factory in 2007. That will soon change and I hope I can no longer say "I have never had a better pointing pistol than my Sig P229." They're my kind of guns for sure.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
I've steered away from DA/SA pistols, but have discovered a weakness for their striker fired brethren. Oddly, they apparently share the same grip module, and a somewhat higher than optimal bore axis.
UE, nice catch, and really interesting about the sales slip. Enjoy your pistole.
Moon

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
... their huge size makes them pretty much impractical for anything beyond the range, but they are really fun.
Well, you don't always have to be able to carry concealed. They are a good civilian choice for a house or truck gun or to carry in a holster afield. In the wintertime, they'll fit neatly in a capacious parka pocket or in a shoulder holster under a snowmobile suit.

M

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
They fit the same role as a G19 Glock; small enough to hide with sufficient cover, but big enough for something really serious, or range duty.
Moon
ETA- UE, do the older SIGs share the modular 'chassis' of the newer ones? I'm guessing they do, and there is a 12-round really compact module that fits the P320s. There's almost nothing to swapping them.
M

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ETA- UE, do the older SIGs share the modular 'chassis' of the newer ones? I'm guessing they do, and there is a 12-round really compact module that fits the P320s. There's almost nothing to swapping them.
M
I don’t know the answer to that one, Moon. Good question!

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The SIG/Sauer 220, 225, 226, 227 and 228, at least, do not have a "chassis". They have conventional aluminum frames.

M

1 - 17 of 17 Posts