Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Sportsman's Warehouse to see if they had any deals on ammo that I wanted....
I needed a 1000 rounds for a pistol class that I am going to take....
$47 for 250 rounds of 115gr Magtech FMJ wasn't too bad... came to $201 out the door for a 1000....
I know I could have done a bit better... but I didn't have to worry about ammo not being at the door when I needed it to, plus I got a huge bonus.....
P99 mag prices have increased by about $12 per mag.... and I got 3 mags for $25 each instead of the marked $37.... so it was a good day....:D

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do....
it's at the end of the month... and I hope to take my laptop so I can do updates....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's at Frontsight which is about 1 hour outside of Vegas...
so it will be a 8 hour drive for me....
I need some time away from the kids and everything else ... and what better way to do it.... :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Uncut, Good to hear you will be near vegas. Where is this training located, bullhead city??? Not too many places only an hour outside of Vegas.
Wage

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have fun. Let me know how it goes as well. Even though I live in Vegas, I don't get out there much. The fireworks there are good though, I don't konw if you can buy the airial ones in Texas.
Wage OUt

·
Registered
109 Posts
I dont know how good they are, but Ammoman was advertising 1000 rounds of Wolf 124 gr with polymer coating for $169 delivered. Sounds like a good deal for plinking...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Goto Walmart Winchester White Box ammo will run you $14.99 per 100 for 9mm, $18.99 per 100 for .40. I buy nearly all my range ammo there.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, but I refuse to shop at Wallyworld.....
I checked Ammoman... and the first pick there was the 124gr Speer Lawman @ $199 for 1000 shipped (my P99 shoots better with 124gr)..... but since I liked Magtech ammo too, I just picked that... and like I said I got 3 mags at a $12 discount each

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why don't you shop at Walmart? Because it's mostly imported junk? Winchester ammo is made in the USA (unlike Magtech, and Wolf), and generally it's $2-5 less per 50 in the 100 round box.

If you don't shop at Walmart because you prefer to support local companies, that's great but if you do any business with the online shops you are hurting your local businesses just as much.

I don't buy anything else at Walmart but ammo and the rare drink if I am thirsty the day I go buy ammo.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I refuse to shop Wallyworld to support local smal businesses
Besides I have no need to go to Wallyworld... I live on a Airforce Base and have most everything I need on Base.......
when I go shooting any other time I buy my ammo at the range.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts