Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new PPK/S tonight and a have a qusetion about lubing it. I know that it's not my Glock 17 and needs more than 5 small drops. After cleaning the PPK I lubed the slides, put a drop on either side of the hammer pivot point, put a drop on either side of the trigger's pivot point, and then swabbed the inside of the barrel with an oil soaked patch, then a dry patch to remove excess. Is there anywhere else that needs oil?

S

·
0 Posts
PPK lube

Nice and quick here. I use a good CLP like Breakfree or StrikeHold. Blast away, let air-dry, it's done.
jehzsa - What do you think about Miltech products? I been using them on all my pistols except my H&K who says they treat their parts at the factory. The Militech seems to work fine,

·
Registered
765 Posts
Fine product, onetros. It'll certainly do.

FWIW, when I want to give my handguns the "works", I use what I affectionally call Jehzsa's Stink. Namely, one bottle of Ballistol, one bottle of FP-10, one bottle of RemOil and one bottle of Strike-hold all mixed in. Spray liberally, let it soak in/dry and wipe off excess.

Will clear my sinuses in a jiffy and also is very effective as a grass/weed killer.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been using white lithium grease on my ppk slide rails for about 5 years now. I also use it on the barrel under the spring, just a film of grease so light you can barely see a very light glaze. I have never had it cook off during a range session due to barrel heat (each range session is about 75-100 rds). I also sparingly use light machine (sewing machine) oil on other internal moving parts.

·
Registered
713 Posts
What type of grease to use? I have some that I use on my fishing reels...would that work?
I use wheel bearing grease Have used for years , A VERY LIGHT COAT . I FIGURE takes all the heat and weather on a car along with miles and miles a little on a pistol is a cinch. At present I have a tube of Mil Spec grease.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The Lite seems to be the all-purpose, all-around, utility lube. Good enough for Fairbanks, Alaska from May till September. But not for The Interior.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts