Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link to a photo of where to lube the P99 after cleaning? I'm not sure if I'm hitting the right spots.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
If memory serves, it seems that there is a more-than-servicable illustration of the lube points for the P99 in the owner's book. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If memory serves, it seems that there is a more-than-servicable illustration of the lube points for the P99 in the owner's book. :)
I had checked in the past and rechecked just now and there isn't an illustration. It just tells you to lube.

Bingo! The High Road link has what I wanted. But is there anything that should be lubed besides the rails, barrel, and slide? Such as the trigger mechanism or that area?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I had checked in the past and rechecked just now and there isn't an illustration. It just tells you to lube.
Pit: My bad. I was operating on memory, and a faulty one at that. I could have sworn it was in there. Maybe it was the SW99 that showed it? No matter -- glad you found what you needed. Salute

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use Shooter's Choice gun grease on the rails, regular gun oil on the parts of the barrel that meet the slide, and a light spray of Tetra Gun Spray in the mechanism. This spray is a cleaner that also has a very light lube as well. My P99 is well over a thousand rounds at 100% with this regimen.

PhilR.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I suspect the p99 would run dry, but lubrication is obviously important if you want to slow down wear on your gun. Personally I like grease on the rails, barrel hood, and locking lug and a drop of oil in the trigger mechanism.

·
Registered
169 Posts
just curious because my glocks run "dry".which i am selling and coming back to the wather fold.one new p99as ans pps on the way.im hooked,best dam pistol on the market.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts