Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the very hot, and very humid South. It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep perspiration off of my PPS during the course of the day, short of placing it in s ziplock bag. The slide release, sear pin, and mag release spring are rust magnets. Why aren't these parts(mag release spring accepted) stainless steel?.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I have to use a drop of oil sparingly on a q tip about every other week or so on mine or they rust too.

I use Hoppes. Dries off pretty quickly so won't attract as munch gunk.

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
Ahhhh....hmmmmm......clean and dry off and OIL nightly. Stop carrying IWB...or get a holster with a 'sweat' shield....or build your own sweat shield. Or wear a t-shirt under your outer shirt....using the t-shirt as a sweat barrier, or soaker upper.

Or buy a krap load of springs...change weekly or monthly.

Or send your springs out to have them coated (https://robarguns.com/custom-firearm-finishes/).

There ya go.....lots of options.....pick one. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't carry IWB, and I wear a t-shirt under my regular shirt. Any suggestions for an OWB holster that incorporates a sweat guard?

·
Registered
14 Posts
somewhere in Africa or the Middle East, a child is laughing at you while shooting his never cleaned AK variant with a rusted barrel and chunks of the wood furnishing missing...

No but seriously, glad you like the pps, great cc gun

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't carry IWB, and I wear a t-shirt under my regular shirt. Any suggestions for an OWB holster that incorporates a sweat guard?
Try Home | UBG Holsters, specifically, the RTBA model. I have two of them; one each for a G29 and a G19 and have ordered a third for my PPS M2. They are nice, well made holsters and on sale for a mere $65.00 now too. The RTBA is a medium ride; the Bonneville is a high ride, and the Phaetos is a low ride. He also makes a snap on/off OWB; the Regulator, which rides pretty low too, if you are into that style. They are all quality holsters and he has about a 4 week turnaround time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Aside from getting a more protective holster, you might consider the lube/protectant - not sure what kind of CLP/lube you're using, but from some independent testing done with multiple varieties, measuring short and long term corrosion resistance on metal surfaces, Frog Lube came out on top, and was very noticably more effective in preventing corrosion/oxidation of the metal.
Personally, for all my pistols and rifles, on all inside and outside surfaces, I absolutely love the stuff! :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
You need lube information.....test results?????

Here ya go. Comprehensive Corrosion Test: 46 Products Compared : Day At The Range

Wow, this guy put the words comprehensive and exhaustive in the word test! I use the Hornady One Shot which appears to have been in the top group of all the tests. I started using it because I'm lazy, I like that it's an all in one cleaner and lubricant, I just hose down my guns and I'm done. I really like the fact that it leaves a dry film of lubricant as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts