Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I literally bought my PPQ 45 on the strength of 2 mins smart phone research. I'd seen the PPQ classic and put it on my "when I have more disposable income" list. Then I saw a PPQ 45 for $512.00 new in a small shop in rural Montana. I asked them to keep it for me and ran to the bank. (I rarely buy a firearm with plastic, bad idea for my marriage) inside a week, my venerable Sig p220 was angrily posting on Tinder from the safe, cuz I dropped her from DC use like 3nd period French! Never thought I'd see the day. The PPQ literally makes me look like a better marksman than I actually am. I know everyone raves about the trigger and there's a reason for that:the trigger is amazing! No, it isn't as good as a nice 1911 trigger, but it's damn close. The ergonomics are spot on, seems made for my hands. I'm going to ditch my P250 compact for a PPQ sub-compact withing 6 months. (I'm one of those fee who like the P250) So if you're on the fence, do yourself a favor and buy a PPQ!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep, ditched my Glocks for exactly the same reasons. I consider my PPQ to be a refined Glock, fixes all the shortcomings.

Other than night sights, have made no modifications at all, so it's also been cheaper.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
A PPQ has been my EDC since 2011 when people would say: "What the hell is that?". I remember folks would try my Q9 at the range and get a look of amazement after a chance to experience the trigger.

Presently I'm using the Q45 for both work and play. It is reliable, accurate and just plain fun to shoot. Properly treated it will be a great weapon either at the range or as an EDC... throw on some good night sights like the TFX Pros and you have a weapon worthy of any combat or range situation.

I never warmed to the PPQSC finding it to be way too fussy and the fact that you can't interchange mags with a full size Q make it a nonstarter for me. I have a P99c for the times a Classic Q9 won't do.

I'm inclined to say the elves at the Walther mothership did a great job on the ergonomics of the PPQ and the trigger. It is out of the box still the best striker fired pistol on the market today.

Enjoy your Q45!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts