Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was cleaning my new CCP M2 for the first on Saturday and when I was disassembling it the Spring Assembly popped out and the cover went flying. I emailed Customer Service asking them how to get a replacement cover or assembly. In the event that I don’t hear back from Walther and I can’t find the cover my question is can I still use the weapon or is it unusable?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
28 Posts
The same thing happened to me and many others. Call Walther customer service at 479-242-8500 Ext 507. I asked for 2 more and they sent them! Great customer service!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You might already know this but to keep that from happening pull the trigger before field stripping as this lets the tension off the spring. You should not see the red indicator on the rear of the firearm before take down. If you see the red indicator, and begin the field strip, get ready for flying parts!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Which is why it's always a good idea to study the manual for your gun. Half my guns require the action to be cocked for disassembly, the other half to be decocked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read the manual but didn’t see anything about not seeing the red indicator so that’s exactly what happened-flying parts. I found a good You Tube video that points this out so I’ll know next.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
9 Posts
I contacted Walther and requested 2 spares as I found the original a day later in an adjoining room. They were happy to send me 2 covers and charge my credit card $10.50. I thought this was a bit steep since the little disks could be taped to a piece of paper and sent in a standard envelope for 50 cents. This is a horrendous design and it would seem logical to provide a few spares.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I contacted Walther and requested 2 spares as I found the original a day later in an adjoining room. They were happy to send me 2 covers and charge my credit card $10.50. I thought this was a bit steep since the little disks could be taped to a piece of paper and sent in a standard envelope for 50 cents. This is a horrendous design and it would seem logical to provide a few spares.
hmmm, seems you haven't got a concept how shipping departments work. Cost of shipping is the least of the costs, in many cases. What about the cost of manufacture? The cost of labor to pick the items? How about preparing the shipping label? What about packing the items properly, and applying the shipping label and sealing the package? And, of course, don't forget removing those two pieces from available inventory?

Oh, by the way, if you had called and politely asked for ONE, as suggested earlier, you might have gotten ONE OR TWO for FREE.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hmmm, seems you haven't got a concept how shipping departments work. Cost of shipping is the least of the costs, in many cases. What about the cost of manufacture? The cost of labor to pick the items? How about preparing the shipping label? What about packing the items properly, and applying the shipping label and sealing the package? And, of course, don't forget removing those two pieces from available inventory?

Oh, by the way, if you had called and politely asked for ONE, as suggested earlier, you might have gotten ONE OR TWO for FREE.
GI shooter asked for two also and got them for free. The staff at Walther were very nice and had a good laugh about my escapist part. They gave me a discount on shipping so the spring covers cost a little more than $5 each. Still with that design and the propensity for that tiny part to go missing, it might be a good idea to include a couple of spares in the box.
Your sarcastic tone and unfounded accusation of rudeness reflect poorly on you and may violate forum rules.

·
Registered
9 Posts
sorry if the truth offends you, but those statements are intended to provide factual information. And my sources are experiential, as I spent most of my adult life in and around shipping environments, which include shipping by truck, ship, rail, air and small package/courier/postal carriage.

ps: the place to get special treatment is from customer service, NOT the shipping department.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ron I don’t have a problem with you explaining the cost factor running a shipping department, point well taken. However, your sarcastic tone in the fist message along with your mischaracterization of my interaction with Walther Customer Service to suit your narrative is contrived and false. I do not believe that you are dishonest but you do seem to jump to conclusions. By the way, I worked as a shipping clerk each summer saving money for University expenses. It was a good job interacting with the diverse number of people involved and getting our product to the end customers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
GI shooter asked for two also and got them for free. The staff at Walther were very nice and had a good laugh about my escapist part. They gave me a discount on shipping so the spring covers cost a little more than $5 each. Still with that design and the propensity for that tiny part to go missing, it might be a good idea to include a couple of spares in the box.
Your sarcastic tone and unfounded accusation of rudeness reflect poorly on you and may violate forum rules.
Hmm you do something stupid then get thin skinned. Put on the big boy pants this is the internet.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Avid the hassle. Do not lose the part. Whenever I have to strip the the gun to a point where I could lose control of a spring I disassemble the gun in my containment box. It is a corrugated box that is a one foot cube. Disassemble in the box with the end of the spring fling a tie of the box. If it gets away, it hits the side of the box and fall onto the bottom of the box. Much easier to find that way.

Reactions: fireball_Jack

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought I had lost mine last week at the range (went back next day and found it) and called Walther. I received 2 today in mail so I put them in plastic bags in my carry bag. I reworked the end of the spring to hold the item better. I am now better aware of the item when I take gun apart. The box is a good idea.
Update today: Even knowing the disc can get away from you, it got away from me today even though I was expecting it. That little bit of slope on the slide end puts it into orbit each time it seems. Just learning to keep entire hand over the assembly when pulling slide off is a requirement it seems. oh well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I cannot answer the original question for your particular weapon. However on my CCP M2, after the little plastic spring cover rocketed off to the nether regions (stuff happens), I put a couple dozen rounds thru it (red indicator pooped out fine) before the replacement arrived from Walther...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts