Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I had an interesting thing happen to us today. We recently purchased a pair of new 9mm PPS M2's .. One LE and one Crimson Trace. Overall the guns are fantastic! .. But, the Crimson Trace model with stock sights lost its front sight, meaning the white dot is gone, just the dot, not the sight itself (now it's a black dot 馃ぃ). I am not certain exactly when it happened because my wife was shooting with it (her first time) using the Crimson Trace laser so she wasn't paying much attention to the 3 dot sights, but I suspect it was about 20-30 rounds into the session. My other PPS M2 (LE model, also with Crimson Trace that I installed myself) has the phosphor sights on it and seems to be just fine. I have heard some stories about problems with the phosphor sights doing this sort of thing but I don't recall someone having issues with the stock white dot sights. This is not a big deal for me as I am going to be installing TruGlo TFX Pro Tritium Night Sights on it anyway, but I thought I would throw this out here for others. Perhaps Walther may want to double check the reliability of their sights. Otherwise folks, we are loving our PPS M2's !! .. great little guns!

Shoot'em up! .. be safe!

Registered
My wife and I had an interesting thing happen to us today. We recently purchased a pair of new 9mm PPS M2's .. One LE and one Crimson Trace. Overall the guns are fantastic! .. But, the Crimson Trace model with stock sights lost its front sight, meaning the white dot is gone, just the dot, not the sight itself (now it's a black dot 馃ぃ). I am not certain exactly when it happened because my wife was shooting with it (her first time) using the Crimson Trace laser so she wasn't paying much attention to the 3 dot sights, but I suspect it was about 20-30 rounds into the session. My other PPS M2 (LE model, also with Crimson Trace that I installed myself) has the phosphor sights on it and seems to be just fine. I have heard some stories about problems with the phosphor sights doing this sort of thing but I don't recall someone having issues with the stock white dot sights. This is not a big deal for me as I am going to be installing TruGlo TFX Pro Tritium Night Sights on it anyway, but I thought I would throw this out here for others. Perhaps Walther may want to double check the reliability of their sights. Otherwise folks, we are loving our PPS M2's !! .. great little guns!

Shoot'em up! .. be safe!
Mine too, rear sight.
White-out for possible fix
Looking for better suggestion to fix!
Shoots extremely well, as it alway does.

Premium Member
There are a couple of options.

You can get yourself some sight paint and paint that front sight.

You can call Walther CS. If you explain what happened they may just send you a replacement front sight. They should.

You can get yourself some good, aftermarket, steel sights for the PPS. This is the most expensive option but might be ultimately the best.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
There are a couple of options.

You can get yourself some sight paint and paint that front sight.

You can call Walther CS. If you explain what happened they may just send you a replacement front sight. They should.

You can get yourself some good, aftermarket, steel sights for the PPS. This is the most expensive option but might be ultimately the best.
I just replaced the sites with TruGlo TFX Pro sites .. WOW! .. they are AWESOME sites!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same sights on my PPS M2. I like them a lot. Excellent sights. Highly visible in all light conditions.
I really like mine as well. I installed them myself without too much trouble. I would suggest to anyone installing them on a PPS M2 to take care with the front site. The screw they provide has a very small head on it. I was afraid it would not be sufficient for the size of hole and recess, so I dug and dug and found a small washer that fit into the recess just perfectly. I then took a file and trimmed the washer to be about half as thick as it was originally. VOILA! .. it worked out perfectly! .. I think TruGlo should provide such a washer for their PPS M2 customers.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Mine too, rear sight.
White-out for possible fix
Looking for better suggestion to fix!
Shoots extremely well, as it alway does.
I originally used just a really bright yellow fingernail polish and that worked quite well. Use a toothpick with just a drop on the tip and poke it right into it. Worked perfectly. My ultimate solution however was to replace the sites with TruGlo TFX Pro sights. They are the best looking sights (in my opinion) that I have seen. I really love them and everyone who has looked at my PPS has really liked them as well. If you install them yourself (as I did) be careful to do it right! .. watch some YouTube videos on how to do it .. take the rear sight out left-to-right and insert new sight right-to-left .. for the front sight I recommend finding a very small washer (thin) that just fits the screw for inner diameter and just fits the recess in the slide for outside diameter. I recommend making the washer thin, perhaps as I did by using a file to thin it out a bit. Then just use some RED thread lock and VOILA! .. the front sight really was a breeze to install, the rear sight took a bit of care. I have rubber jaw inserts on my vise (for re-gripping golf clubs, careful not to clamp too hard) and then I wrapped a thick towel over the top of the slide to protect it, I then carefully used channel locks to ease the new site into position (right-to-left). I then took my digital calipers and carefully measured the site placement to get it as close to zero as possible. I think I was pretty darned close in getting it perfect by my performance on the range, however, I have a laser cartridge coming for my G-Sight training system. I will use that to get a perfect sight alignment. I also have a Crimson Trace laser site on my PPS M2 .. I used that initially (as it was zeroed in good before) to help me with my initial sight alignment. It might be best to have a gunsmith install the TruGlo sights, but it can be done on your own with a little skill and care. I left absolutely no marks and the sights have been good so far with about 700 rounds.

Front sight screw with washer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts