Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been having problems with the consistancy of my P99. Once I get to the range my first shots have been off, upon correcting have nice groups (for me anyway). When cleaning it I decided to check the rear site and it was loose, so I got a screw driver to tighten it and it completely slide off! There is a hole under the site that a small "rod" fits into? The rod, or what ever keeps the rear site on, was missing from the factory. Anyone know the name of this and where I might pick one up? Also, what would you replace the stock sites with. Been practicing in low light and can not see nuttin. Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you sure that the 'rod' wasn't there in the first place?? The little rod has a spring under it and has a tendency to go flying when you're not careful taking the rear site off. It happened to me the first time I took my rear site off......lucky for me that I found it.

As far as after-market sights, I would highly recommend the Meprolight night sights. I put a pair on my P99 .40 about 2 months ago, and I absolutely love them.

--Ben

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have Meprolight sights too. They're great for poorly lit indoor ranges and are easy to install. If you order from Earl's be prepared to order some other stuff also. They have a minimum order requirement. I wanted to order some replacement rear sight adjustment screws and ended up ordering a t-shirt to meet their minimum. At least I ended up with a cool shirt.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It sounds like you accidentally released the detent when you adjusted the rear-sight's screw. It can happen very easily. -If it was not there to begin with, you may want to contact Smith and Wesson and make use of their warranty service to replace the part.

As far as sights go, I have had a very good experience with Earl's Repair Service's own night sights with Trijicon's inserts. They are the closest to the general profile of factory sights. Some think they are less prone to snag on clothing when drawing or holstering, but I haven't noticed. Also if you choose to wait, Novak is coming out with its own custom night sights.

Good luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...no I did not try to adjust the site prior to noticing it was gone. Anyone have EARLS addy?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bruz,

Earl's is not the lowest priced guy in town, but he has the parts. His telelphone number is 978-851-2656. His website is <www.carlwalther.com>

Good luck on the spring.

Abwehr

·
Registered
45 Posts
Brux,

Sorry, I just noticed the website address did not show up. try this type the "www", then the "dot", then "carlwalther", then the dot com.

Abwehr

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's odd. I take your word for it, but when a friend called Novak two or three months back he had asked about Night Sights for the P99 and was told it was in the works but wouldn't be out for a while. -A change in plans, I suppose.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got a negative from Novaks as well about two weeks ago. They said a one off custom set would be "very expensive" and considering the current price for sights they already make, I didn't pursue it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts