Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a brand new Walther P22Q three months ago. Last weekend I was fine tuning the location of the rear sight and noticed that the sight is loose! It wiggles from left to right 1/16"! I emailed Walther customer service, got transferred to Umarexusa, who proceeded to tell me that it was normal for the rear sight to be loose like this. They seem unwilling to repair this condition. Please help me understand 1) is this normal? 2) what can I do to fix this? 3) what rear sight can I mount that will NOT move? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
The rear sight is adjustable for windage by the small screw on the right end of the sight. There should be no loose sidewise movement of the sight. All P22 rear sights will rock back and forth, front to rear. That is normal and doesn't hurt anything. Sidewise movement....that is a problem and could be caused by the small ball on the end of the screw separating from the light weight retaining cup that is molded into the left side of the sight. It is pretty flimsy but most folks don't have issues with it. If that is the problem try screwing the screw in quite a bit then try to snap the left side of the sight back onto the screw. Then adjust windage. M1911

1 - 2 of 2 Posts