Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening guys, looking to see if anyone can help me out with some information on a Walther PPK that I obtained through an estate sale. I have no further knowledge other than the gun was found at the bottom of a storage box. Serial number is 430143K. Serial number is matching on the slide and frame. No other markings on the slide, is that normal? I also have the one magazine that was in the gun, 7.65mm. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Well, the books says that serial number goes to a PPK in 7,65 aka .32ACP, made in Zella-Mehlis, after 1942, before 1945, much closer towards '45: serial number range ends at 4201097K); may have had an alloy grip and hard chromed or nickeled slide from the factory; otherwise somebody had it polished and re-finished. I can't really tell from the pics. The grips are not factory original.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thank you for the information! Is it common to have no writing on the slide like this one?

·
Registered
273 Posts
PPK questions

The serial # places it within 3000 guns of the the very end of PPK production.
The literature also states that inscriptions on the left side of the slide were dropped at the end of the war and just a 'ac' on the right side of the slide. Apparently there were nickel or chromium plated guns at the 'end'. The wood grips are not stock. All in all, I believe the gun has been refinished. The s/n on the slide is partially buffed out, and the finish looks to new to be true. You will get more answers so we'll see what the experts ssay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thank you for the information. I can take some additional pictures if needed. I am trying to see if the gun was refinished as well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also when I disassembled the gun I have been cleaning with with #9 solvent and it was turning some areas green. Guessing that’s a reaction with the nickel finish? Is the nickel finish period correct for the gun? The finish is in great shape, no spots of peeling. A friend said in the future use breakfree to avoid this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
830 Posts
Kar98, I think you have one too many digits in that ending serial number. Shouldn't it be in the 430xxx k- 431xxxk range?

IMO, I see your gun as a nice shooter that has a post-war two tone finish of matt and glossy chrome. I have a factory nickle PPK and it has lifting and some peeling. #9 doesn't turn it green. Are the parts in that one image rusted? Appears the slide legend and part of the serial and proofs were buffed from the slide. Looks like they plated the magazine as well? Can you see a Walther trademark on the lower left side of the magazine?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Yes the serial number on the slide has some numbers lighter than the others. The gun has zero rust on it. The pictures on the frame are just spots were the finish is just wearing down but no rust hopefully I can try to get a couple better pictures

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thanks. Yes the serial number on the slide has some numbers lighter than the others. The gun has zero rust on it. The pictures on the frame are just spots were the finish is just wearing down but no rust hopefully I can try to get a couple better pictures
I was referring to the image on the right of the internal parts that seem to show a rough brown finish that I took to be rust.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Some more pictures
No red paint in the safety lever circle and more dark areas (rust) on the hold open lever and the internal parts in my view. Modern refinishing IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good evening guys, I came across a potential trade for my ppk. The owner states it’s a west German pp. Attached are some pictures of the gun. West German walthers are post WWII? He said all matching serial numbers. Serial number is 414227.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts