Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I'm new to the forum, but have already seen some very interesting topics.
Thanks everyone for contributing.

I bought a P22 for my wife and am currently looking for a P22 Military Camo edition. I've called a few shops around North Texas and no one has seen it.

Can anyone help me find or name this version? (I'm posting a picture bellow)

I'm a newbie regarding versions, mods and etc.
If anyone can help with some info on how these customized versions are done, it will help lots.
Are all these different versions of P22 we find on Google, from Walther Arms or do people get their base P22 and send it to a shop to customize the gun's body?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Welcome cskaliks, can't say that I've seen that particular layout before. Doesn't mean it didn't exist. These have come in all manner of grips over the years, sickly yellow, Robin egg blue, fake carbon fiber, Olive drab ( which I think looks good), field dark earth, etc. That is an original version of the pistol based on P99 design themes. I'd recommend that you get a Q model with the PPQ design themes, stronger slide and a few other improvements over the original. You can probably go to the Walther sight and perhaps see what flavors the grips are offered in. Two roll pins hold the polymer grip onto the frame so they are easy to swap....even a newer Q style grip fits the old frames.

Here is a 2006 frame with new slide, grip and of course the stabilizer as this one has the 5" barrel. Nah, you won't find one with a red dot. I made this one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey everyone.

I'm new to the forum, but have already seen some very interesting topics.
Thanks everyone for contributing.

I bought a P22 for my wife and am currently looking for a P22 Military Camo edition. I've called a few shops around North Texas and no one has seen it.

Can anyone help me find or name this version? (I'm posting a picture bellow)

I'm a newbie regarding versions, mods and etc.
If anyone can help with some info on how these customized versions are done, it will help lots.
Are all these different versions of P22 we find on Google, from Walther Arms or do people get their base P22 and send it to a shop to customize the gun's body?
Someone probably customized the frame camo job on that gun. If 1917 (resident expert on P22s) hasn't seen it, then it probably doesn't exist as a standard model from Walther.

Here's the current P22Q line-up, which shows nothing like what your photo shows. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see all colors available.

https://waltherarms.com/p22-q/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts