Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some info. Anyone here have one and if so do you ever carry concealed? Do you find them reliable? Also any issues with FTF or FTE?

I have not yet shot it as I only received it today. Pd. $400. with 2 mags.

I chose this as opposed to a Glock 23. Hope I made the right decision. Been a Glock guy for quite a while.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking for some info. Anyone here have one and if so do you ever carry concealed? Do you find them reliable? Also any issues with FTF or FTE?

I chose this as opposed to a Glock 23. Hope I made the right decision. Been a Glock guy for quite a while.
I've had one since they very first came out. The trigger is much much better than any other stock gun I am aware of, give it a couple hundred rounds to smooth out. Make sure you keep your wrists stiff with the recoil to prevent issues on the .40 cal

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts

I've had my PPQ M1 for several yrs. Traded my Glock for it. No issues. Carried it until I bought my PPS M2, now carry it due to size/weight. Bot very reliable.
Not a big Glock fan. Owned one, carried one on duty, never really liked either. Got back in the Walther club, never looked backed. :D

·
Registered
364 Posts

PPQs as a whole are extremely reliable in any caliber they are offered in.

Regarding comparing it to a Glock 23 - I would take a PPQ any day over a Glock. Better trigger, better accuracy, and no BTF issues. You made the right choice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine (9mm) has more than 5,000 through it without an issue. Right out of the box most accurate gun I have ever owned. Most of my other guns are SIGs. Just know that it improve even more after 500 rounds. I too would take a PPQ over any Glock.

·
Registered
160 Posts

Heyas IamArmed! Congrats on the new pistol! I must say, very fine choice! And I hope that you get a chance to get her to the range really soon, trust me...it will be a pleasurable experience!
VERY nice price, was that new, or used?

TBH they are as reliable as most modern pistols are. The only time that I've really heard of one having feeding or ejection issues was aluminum or steel cased ammo related. Not recommended btw.
LOL The one that I Might warn you about, is that if you shoot riding the reset, you may need some practice getting used to just how easy this pistol is to shoot. IF it's something where you end up double tapping by accident look through some of OldFart's posts, and he's made a few recommendations on the subject.
As for carrying, I myself have not. I do know that there are members who do. Myself I carried a fullsized HK VP9 (which is very comparable in size) for a little over a year. Had no real issues as far as size and weight, but I did eventually move to a subcompact version. They're just easier to carry.

Now, one thing that I will mention, since you haven't posted yet that you've had her to the range. Dry firing. If you are somebody that likes to dry fire using a snap cap, or a dummy round... Walthers don't like to go fully back into battery on a snap cap (personal experience there!) and you need to 'glock slap' them to get them to do so. I have heard that goes away, after you've gotten enough rounds thru them to wear in the parts. But I just threw the snap caps in a drawer, and have had no issues with dry firing since then.

Clean, lube, leave the slide locked back overnight before you go to the range, and then have a ton of fun shooting! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts