Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Made in November of 1939. Grips are waaaaaay post WW2 aftermarket. Head of the screw should be on the right and be a simple slot screw. Grip should be brown-mottled plastic:

The pistol certainly never got refinished. Leave it like that to preserve collectors' value. Caliber is also known as .32 ACP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, how did you know all that, that quick? Any idea if it would have been military issue or police or civilian? Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Original grips are expensive and brittle as all hell. I'd maybe try to find aftermarket ones that look closer to the originals. But if it shoots fine with the ones that are on there, I don't know if I'd bother putting them on.

Can't help you with the value. I'd say around $1,100, but based on nothing but a WAG.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You have one of those guns that even though it appears to be ridden hard and put away wet it's still sexier than a hell of a lot of it's younger sisters. The actual value is probably $300 so I would expect you could get $500 easily enough. BTW I translate value as trade in value or the amount of cash you could easily get for it today. $1100 would IMO be a real stretch for a PPK in that condition. Nice ones sell for that all day.

Leave it like it is and enjoy it for what it is. Wood grips make for an even more enjoyable PPK 7.65 shooting experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts