Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the old model P99, not the new version with the updated trigger guard. I'm not a fan of the new look. without going through all the threads about the change, can anybody tell me if they still sell the old model and what is the model number?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You're not going to find one from Walther. I guess it is possible you could find a new one in someones old stock on Gunbroker, or something like that. You will probibly have to settle for a used one though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Define new.

I bought my P99 used for $400 (which is a steal) and it looks like it's never been fired. It was on consignment where I bought it and the shop owner said the original owner bought it new from him and wasn't the shooting type, but the collector type (if there is such a thing). There isn't even any wear on the magazines!

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Other than the "used" market and gun auctions, you can still get the old version from Earl's Repair Service,

The nice thing about Earl's pistols is that they don't have Smith & Wesson stamped on the right side of the slide. That's something I am particular about - but its also alot more expensive......

If import marks don't bother you, just get a "used" pistol.

I got my pre 2004 P99 off an auction site, was in good shape I couldn't tell how much it had been fired, but it works great!! Turned out to be one of Earl's too!!! So I am mighty pleased and doubly blessed.

The P99 is a really neat handgun

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been looking for the old model P99, not the new version with the updated trigger guard. I'm not a fan of the new look. without going through all the threads about the change, can anybody tell me if they still sell the old model and what is the model number?

Thanks in advance.
If you lived in Missouri, I have one that I might sell. I would only do FTF sale. It was made in 1998. It came with 10 round mags but I got rid of them and bought 2 15 round Walther mags. I have owned it about 8 months now and have never shot it yet. The dealer that I bought it from said he took it in on trade from a guy who said he bought it new and never shot it. You can't tell that it has been shot but I sure would not make that a gaurntee. However I do plan a range trip this weekend.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Conduct a search in the SIG forum classifieds for a thread about an Interarms P99 for sale and/or search this forum regarding same. I'm pretty sure it's still available cuz the seller and I have communicated recently. While not new the buyer's claim is that only 50 rounds have been fired. Original box, papers, etc. and he's adding a replacement (factory) mag with the one original he advertised in the thread. Unfortunately only one of the backstraps is with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you lived in Missouri, I have one that I might sell. I would only do FTF sale. It was made in 1998. It came with 10 round mags but I got rid of them and bought 2 15 round Walther mags. I have owned it about 8 months now and have never shot it yet. The dealer that I bought it from said he took it in on trade from a guy who said he bought it new and never shot it. You can't tell that it has been shot but I sure would not make that a gaurntee. However I do plan a range trip this weekend.
awall, just sent you a PM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts