Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just taking a flyer here. Does anyone know where I can get a white magazine finger rest for a PPK? I haven't been able to find any. Earl's doesn't have any nor does eBay nor Gunbroker. I think the PPK's came with white grips/finger rests at one point. Thanks.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've never seen them, but Krylon might be your friend here. At least until you find the real deal, if it exists.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that. It might look ok, but with me, seems every time I think of trying a "simple" little paint job, I screw it up! But maybe cerakote? I've had a couple of things done - I'll bet they could do it.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I think the PPK's came with white grips/finger rests at one point.
The only PPK magazines with white finger rests were for presentation pistols. Usually engraved and gold, silver, or nickel plated but I have seen them on blued guns. If Earl doesn't have any you can try Tom Whiteman at Legacy Collectibles although he doesn't have any listed on his site at the moment.

Unless this this is a replacement part for one of these rare pistols you're probably better off just painting a black one. I've had good luck painting gun parts with two coats Rust-Oleum topped by a clear coat.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only PPK magazines with white finger rests were for presentation pistols. Usually engraved and gold, silver, or nickel plated but I have seen them on blued guns. If Earl doesn't have any you can try Tom Whiteman at Legacy Collectibles although he doesn't have any listed on his site at the moment.

Unless this this is a replacement part for one of these rare pistols you're probably better off just painting a black one. I've had good luck painting gun parts with two coats Rust-Oleum topped by a clear coat.

Thanks for the advice and the video. Looks like I'll be painting one!

Reactions: Redcat94

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is a set of PP grips and a finger extension in white on Ebay for $400,ouch but the extension would work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a set of PP grips and a finger extension in white on Ebay for $400,ouch but the extension would work.
Thanks. Must be new. I did a search earlier. I'll take a look, but you are right, too expensive!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Pre 1945 white finger extensions were provided with presentation PPs equipped with ivory grips or those embellished PPs equipped with white grips. There would be no reason for Walther to provide a white finger extension on a PPK unless some odd request by a customer. White finger extensions were produced post war but by whom?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts