Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the older style P99 made 2001 by Smith. Looking for a scope mount for the pistol. The rail system or groove does NOT go all the way to the end like the current generation of P99. I love my older version of the P99 but was looking to expand my collection which of the new version would you go with? Thanks for the help. I'm a full figured, metabolically challenged man so compacts are out of the question.:D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hmmm was wondering the same thing myself...as best I can figure you need
rail adapter first...that can be tricky to find. KIEI use to sell them but I don't see them on their site any more...Once you get the rail adapter then go here and get a Weaver Bridge Mount...http://kiei.biz/inc/sdetail/82

Unless someone has a better idea....:confused:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Altough the P99 is an outstanding pistol, the old style dust cover will not stand the mounting of any adaptor, laser or whatever without damaging the dust cover. I encountered (minor) damages - due to the recoil - after removing my BA-5 laser and even the rail adaptor left some minor marks. With this in mind, I guess you can forget about installing a scope mount because the inertia of the scope will create substantial forces with most likely substantial damage to your gun's frame.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Altough the P99 is an outstanding pistol, the old style dust cover will not stand the mounting of any adaptor, laser or whatever without damaging the dust cover. I encountered (minor) damages - due to the recoil - after removing my BA-5 laser and even the rail adaptor left some minor marks. With this in mind, I guess you can forget about installing a scope mount because the inertia of the scope will create substantial forces with most likely substantial damage to your gun's frame.
Interesting - I hadn't seen that before - but it makes sense...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts